This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 AA on montone board

• Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Boss Media (IPN) No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - BossMedia Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($39.70)
      MP ($20.95)
      Button ($19.11)
      Hero (SB) ($19.80)
      BB ($19.09)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
      UTG bets $0.80, 2 folds, Hero raises $2.60, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.90

Flop: ($5.60) 2, 8, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, UTG raises $7, Hero ?

Total pot: $11.60 | Rake: $0.55

Hey,

Villain plays 20/16, raises 8% (17), fold to 3bet 57%

I guess calling is not an option because there are many scarecards/action killers.

So fold or reraise?

I though 88/77 was still in his range because of his low fold to 3bet %

But he could also have the nut FD with A :diamond: x or QQ/JJ/TT with one :diamond:
  • 8 replies
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      I think folding is too weak here, you beat all his range except 88 and 77(22 might be also in his range). I would go broke on the flop.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Don't forget he also has a lot of flopped flushes in his range that have me crushed like Axs (although unlikely since I hold 2 of them) and maybe QT+s. I also think his betsizing seems for value because he has a turnshove left if I decide to call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi

Problem is that against flushes you´re dead and against sets you have 10% equity and even against A/k high flushdraws you only have 60% equity.
      Giving all that it should be easy fold, but consider he may also bluffing there I think better play would be b/c flop and then shoving over his turn bet none flush turn.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi

Problem is that against flushes you´re dead and against sets you have 10% equity and even against A/k high flushdraws you only have 60% equity.
      Giving all that it should be easy fold, but consider he may also bluffing there I think better play would be b/c flop and then shoving over his turn bet none flush turn.
      Isn't it dangerous to give him the opportunity to check behind the turn en give him a free card?

So folding > calling > shoving? Or still too weak?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He can´t really check back turn, since you´re ip.
      Against nit you can consider folding that spot, but usually better is just go with the aces in 3-bet pot.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      He can´t really check back turn, since you´re ip.
      Against nit you can consider folding that spot, but usually better is just go with the aces in 3-bet pot.
      I'm in the SB..
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Right. But even if he take free card you can be sure there can´t any river card on the river and generally I think players would just shove on flushdraws on the turn to secure maximum fold equity (if they don´t have any showdown value)
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      ok thanks!