[NL20-NL50] NL20 AA on montone board

• Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Boss Media (IPN) No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - BossMedia Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($39.70)
      MP ($20.95)
      Button ($19.11)
      Hero (SB) ($19.80)
      BB ($19.09)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
      UTG bets $0.80, 2 folds, Hero raises $2.60, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.90

Flop: ($5.60) 2, 8, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, UTG raises $7, Hero ?

Total pot: $11.60 | Rake: $0.55

Hey,

Villain plays 20/16, raises 8% (17), fold to 3bet 57%

I guess calling is not an option because there are many scarecards/action killers.

So fold or reraise?

I though 88/77 was still in his range because of his low fold to 3bet %

But he could also have the nut FD with A :diamond: x or QQ/JJ/TT with one :diamond:
  • 8 replies
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      I think folding is too weak here, you beat all his range except 88 and 77(22 might be also in his range). I would go broke on the flop.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Don't forget he also has a lot of flopped flushes in his range that have me crushed like Axs (although unlikely since I hold 2 of them) and maybe QT+s. I also think his betsizing seems for value because he has a turnshove left if I decide to call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi

Problem is that against flushes you´re dead and against sets you have 10% equity and even against A/k high flushdraws you only have 60% equity.
      Giving all that it should be easy fold, but consider he may also bluffing there I think better play would be b/c flop and then shoving over his turn bet none flush turn.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi

Problem is that against flushes you´re dead and against sets you have 10% equity and even against A/k high flushdraws you only have 60% equity.
      Giving all that it should be easy fold, but consider he may also bluffing there I think better play would be b/c flop and then shoving over his turn bet none flush turn.
      Isn't it dangerous to give him the opportunity to check behind the turn en give him a free card?

So folding > calling > shoving? Or still too weak?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He can´t really check back turn, since you´re ip.
      Against nit you can consider folding that spot, but usually better is just go with the aces in 3-bet pot.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      He can´t really check back turn, since you´re ip.
      Against nit you can consider folding that spot, but usually better is just go with the aces in 3-bet pot.
      I'm in the SB..
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Right. But even if he take free card you can be sure there can´t any river card on the river and generally I think players would just shove on flushdraws on the turn to secure maximum fold equity (if they don´t have any showdown value)
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      ok thanks!