This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - semibluffs on turn

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $20,3
      Hero:
      $25,55

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:heart:
      MP3 raises to $0,90, Hero raises to $3,00, 3 folds, MP3 calls $2,10.

Flop: ($6,40) 7:club: , 6:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($6,40) 8:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3,5, MP3 calls $3,50.

In this spot i'm IP and villain checked twice and i want to get more money in the pot, but i could also just take the free card.

I don't know i it's a good play to always semibluff when i get a draw on turn if i didn't cbet on flop.

I mean if i'm OOP it's just not that good to semibluff anymore since i have less equity/implieds.

River: ($13,40) 2:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $13,40

Example on this Topic:

If i had A:cJ on Q:c6:h2 and the 8 would come against an aggressive Opponent who checks on turn.
      Should i just check behind so i get a free card and he can bluff river?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1) Since his hand range is very wide I´d prefer betting flop to continue my aggression and saying I have big overpair. If you check you can never be sure if he is bluffing turn or not and also you can´t really barrel on blank turn.
      As played. turn valuebet is fine. Don´t think he would fold better hand, but you should also protect your equity smt like QJ/JT and if there are scare overcard, like Q you can always then decide to bluff+ valuebet on club, K, A
      2) On AcJc example barrel turn. It is not very hard him to call you down hand like 99/88 and you have generally very strong hand to barrel turn, so you get him to fold better hands+ if turn is ace or club you can always shove or take Jx your free river showdown.