[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - semibluffs on turn

• chocular77
      Known players:

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:heart:
      MP3 raises to $0,90, Hero raises to $3,00, 3 folds, MP3 calls $2,10.

Flop: ($6,40) 7:club: , 6:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($6,40) 8:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3,5, MP3 calls $3,50.

In this spot i'm IP and villain checked twice and i want to get more money in the pot, but i could also just take the free card.

I don't know i it's a good play to always semibluff when i get a draw on turn if i didn't cbet on flop.

I mean if i'm OOP it's just not that good to semibluff anymore since i have less equity/implieds.

River: ($13,40) 2:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $13,40

Example on this Topic:

If i had A:cJ on Q:c6:h2 and the 8 would come against an aggressive Opponent who checks on turn.
      Should i just check behind so i get a free card and he can bluff river?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      1) Since his hand range is very wide I´d prefer betting flop to continue my aggression and saying I have big overpair. If you check you can never be sure if he is bluffing turn or not and also you can´t really barrel on blank turn.
      As played. turn valuebet is fine. Don´t think he would fold better hand, but you should also protect your equity smt like QJ/JT and if there are scare overcard, like Q you can always then decide to bluff+ valuebet on club, K, A
      2) On AcJc example barrel turn. It is not very hard him to call you down hand like 99/88 and you have generally very strong hand to barrel turn, so you get him to fold better hands+ if turn is ace or club you can always shove or take Jx your free river showdown.