[NL20-NL50] NL$25 FullRing AKo

• Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, CO calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.60) 7:diamond: , K:diamond: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO calls $3.00.

Turn: ($10.60) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO calls $3.00.

River: ($16.60) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $8, Hero calls $8.00.

Final Pot: $32.60
  • 11 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      PF: I like to reraise more when I'm OOP, so I'd make it $2.75

Flop: You hit your hand but you have to protect it, so bet more. (~$3.70)

Turn: Why bet so little? You have to protect your hand. As played I'd bet something around $7.
      But I like to bet more on previous streets so that I can commit myself to the pot and make villain draw unprofitably.
      This way I have an easy call on the river, that's still profitable even if he completed his flush.

River: As played... well, without any reads I don't know what to do. With reads it's still a difficult decision. :P
      That's why I bet more on previous streets. :)
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      yep, with your turnbet i would like to fold the river, as villain could easily (purely on pot odds) have snuck in with a flush draw..
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Vilain raised pf and called the reraise, so with A :diamond: K :diamond: out it is not likely he is playing a draw, so protection is not so important (The straight draw is also very unlikely).
      I ´d check/call the turn and the river for pot control
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gungunhana
      Vilain raised pf and called the reraise, so with A :diamond: K :diamond: out it is not likely he is playing a draw.
      I don't agree here. From CO I raise lots of suited connectors, even in FR.
      I would bet 8$ on turn and fold to big resistance.
    • Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      From his play I was quite sure that he's not playing for a flush, yet he showed me JXs at the end...heh
    • zhorzh
      zhorzh
      Bronze
      Precisely why you need to bet more on flop and turn.
      I'd bet pot on both streets, maybe even push on turn..
      Normally I dont like overbetting the pot, but here villan is clearly on a draw (trips and 2 pair are likely to reraise), and you must make him pay big for a draw.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      i never overbet pot, as this i feel is exploitable. if we overbet pot on a drawheavy board when we have a made hand, what do we do when we continuation bet? make a -EV overbet?

sry... betting 3/4-4/5 pot is enough, 3$ is too little, and overbetting pot is too much
    • zhorzh
      zhorzh
      Bronze
      I agree with you in principle chenny...but people seem to think that a flush draw will complete almost every time and they do not consider the odds while chasing.
      When I am "sure" that my opponent is chasing, I do sometimes push the turn (if not the 3rd card of the same suit), because it more than compensates for the times when they do hit their flush and suck you out. I found that 98% of the time they will call no matter what.
      Oh .. and I do it because i really, really hate when I bet pot/bet pot/ and see the flush complete :D

p.s.

I would never do it unless in HU situation, so contibets are played normally.
      And overbetting is sometimes an advantage too, because if ppl see you overbet and win with a made hand 2-3 times, you can use it to your advantage for sucessfull bluffing.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      but it's so expensive... if you overbet the pot with a bluff, it needs to succeed more than 50% of the time... there's no need to...

if you bet the pot and the 3rd flushcard comes, you can play c/f. even if villain decided to call you with nothing and represent the flush if it comes, he's still made the wrong call, cause there was a low chance of the 3rd flushcard coming down...

your job as a winning poker player is to induce mistakes; the more you force your opponents to make, the more you gain in the longrun.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tjablonsky
      From his play I was quite sure that he's not playing for a flush, yet he showed me JXs at the end...heh
      To call a reraise with JTs imo is just bad play. Remember Slansky.... :D
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Bet more on the turn!