UTG: $0.94
      UTG+1: $2.00
      MP: $2.32
      MP+1: $2.09
      CO: $2.00
      BTN: $2.14

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02, CO posts DB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero has K:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.02, fold, CO checks, fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.14, MP calls $0.12, fold, SB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.44, 3 players) 3:spade: K:spade: 4:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.32, fold, SB raises to $0.88, Hero calls $0.56

Turn: ($2.20, 2 players) K:diamond:
      SB bets $0.99 and is all-in, Hero ???

Hi veriz,

He raised on the flop so he could have a two pair or a set here. On the turn I got a trips, so I'm up against a two pair or a full house now. I guess it's right to fold here, right? What do you think about his line shipping it right away when a paired(top pair) shows up? I think it's a good line because it puts your opponent on a tough spot and wants to call because he just hit a trips.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Just Bet/Fold it right on flop. Not really worth to continue here since there ain't gonna be good cards for us on the turn anyways. As played obviously we ain't laying down, no point to Call the flop, most likely myself if I plan to continue I'd just get it in right on flop.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      I know I made a mistake there on the flop, but why do you suggest a call on the turn? What kind of hands do you expect that you can beat there? two pair? He check/raise on the flop so I put him on two pair+ but the only two pair we could beat are 43 + his passive so it's unlikely he has weaker trips because he check/raise on the flop. I think we could only put him on a set here - which become a flush on the turn. Would you really call here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      I know I made a mistake there on the flop, but why do you suggest a call on the turn? What kind of hands do you expect that you can beat there? two pair? He check/raise on the flop so I put him on two pair+ but the only two pair we could beat are 43 + his passive so it's unlikely he has weaker trips because he check/raise on the flop. I think we could only put him on a set here - which become a flush on the turn. Would you really call here?
      What do you mean why I suggest to Call the turn? What hands do you beat on the flop that you Call and you don't beat on the turn?
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      What do you mean why I suggest to Call the turn?
      You said "As played obviously we ain't laying down...", you're talking about not folding the turn right? So I assume you're suggesting to call here. Are you talking about a raise there? Or did I misunderstood it completely.

What hands do you beat on the flop that you Call and you don't beat on the turn?
      None. I beat Kx(not K4,K3) on the flop and on the turn, but it's unlikely he would c/r with those hand since he's passive. Which left me with 43 that I beat on turn or K4, K3, a set that have me beaten on turn. Which is why I'm questioning your suggestion not folding the turn there. Because if we take Kx(not K4,K3) out of his range the only hand we could beat on the turn are 43.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You said "As played obviously we ain't laying down...", you're talking about not folding the turn right? So I assume you're suggesting to call here. Are you talking about a raise there? Or did I misunderstood it completely.

You mean about flop or turn? On turn he is all-in.

None. I beat Kx(not K4,K3) on the flop and on the turn, but it's unlikely he would c/r with those hand since he's passive. Which left me with 43 that I beat on turn or K4, K3, a set that have me beaten on turn. Which is why I'm questioning your suggestion not folding the turn there. Because if we take Kx(not K4,K3) out of his range the only hand we could beat on the turn are 43.

As I said already, if we are Calling the flop then we ain't ever laying it down on turn. We either Bet/Fold it right on flop or go broke.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      You mean about flop or turn? On turn he is all-in.
      Sorry my mistake :D I'm talking about the turn.

As I said already, if we are Calling the flop then we ain't ever laying it down on turn. We either Bet/Fold it right on flop or go broke.
      Oh I get it, your decision are based on stack size. So if for instance SB has larger stack like 200bb, you would prefer to fold here right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oh I get it, your decision are based on stack size. So if for instance SB has larger stack like 200bb, you would prefer to fold here right?

Something similar. But right now he just doesn't have much left and usually when I'd Call the flop then there is no way I am folding it on turn.