SB: $2.07 vp 11/pf 7/af 1.0/3b 0.0/fts 67/wts 45/wsd 80/h 88
      BB: $0.60
      UTG: $1.22
      UTG+1: $1.11
      Hero (MP): $2.03
      MP+1: $2.01

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:heart: J:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.28, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.58, 2 players) 5:spade: 4:club: 7:club:
      SB bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.32, 2 players) A:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.38 and is all-in, fold

Hi veriz,

I assume his 3bets are weak because I play a lot of hand from MP since 3 players next to me are tight. About my push on the turn do you think it's a stupid move? He cbet and check on a 3bet pot, so I thought I could make a float bet here, and represent hands like AK so I push directly here since I don't want to get raised here.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Preflop: Why do you assume that his 3bet is weak? He has been playing pretty nitty and hasn't really 3bet you so far. I'd fold the hand, at the best for us it's a coinflip.

As played
      Postflop: Well, I am not a huge fan of such play. :) Your only hope here is to make something like QQ/KK to fold, although we can't even be sure that he is folding them. Plus obviously Ax hands play the same way here.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Why would I assume his 3bet weak? Because I would loosen up my 3bet range if I was in his position. But on second thought you're right even if he loosen up his range probably would only add hands like AJ+, which makes my play on the turn really really stupid.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      Why would I assume his 3bet weak? Because I would loosen up my 3bet range if I was in his position. But on second thought you're right even if he loosen up his range probably would only add hands like AJ+, which makes my play on the turn really really stupid.
      Well, of course it's not a huge mistake to play it this way, since you may even make better hands to fold. But you will also face a lot Ax hands in his range which play the same way.