[NL2-NL10] 3 bet from sb.!

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      BU

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , J:club:
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.22, BB folds, BU calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.46) T:spade: , T:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.46

ok this hand, is a familiar situation that i seem to be finding myself in recently .
      The button here was starting to annoy me a bit , they werent doing anything much except steal my blinds evry orbit .!
      I dont usually 3 bet AJo , but ive been trying to balance my 3 beting range. so if their using stats they arnt always folding , kmowing i have AA or KK.!
      tbh i was gonna 3 bet bluff on this orbit with any half decent hand at all.
      Anyway i get AJo witch i rekon is still above his range , ( so am i 3 beting here for value.?) and decide to 3 bet him (or her) .
      The flop comes down 10 10 2 rainbow.! ive not hit anything and am just about to check . But im thinking well i have a tight 3 beting range for a start ,it would make sense here that i do have AA or maybe KK , possible that i could have some sort of 10 hand too maybe. So i decide to just keep the agression up and bet 15 bb's.! he folds and i take the pot.!
      Do you think the Donk bet here is ok , or should i have checked .!
      I realise that he called my 3 bet , but i just seemed to feel he was still weak.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LoKKK,

It's not a donk bet but it's just a CB. :) But about the play it's not a 3bet for value, since I doubt that you planning to go broke here. Also the 3bet size is just inviting him to Call you with any crap, I'd 3bet a bit bigger.

Also it depends what kind of calling range do you expect him to have here? If he calls very loose vs your 3bets then sure you can CB but if rather not then most likely I'd just Check/Fold it since tight players will rather have strong calling range here.

Best Regards.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      yeah ok thanx ,
      i remember playing this hand now, and i misclicked the tab that i press for 3 bets ,so just put it to the norm for a 3bb raise, i just notised it was a 4bb raise.
      geez yous lot dont miss anything haha