[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AKo

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Flop: Dont think I can fold to the flop raise against what is basically a min raise. Plus he can be raising worse KX on this board for "value" cant he?

So I decided to call and re-evaluate on the turn. I thought 3betting on the flop and getting it in vs such a loose and passive player on this board would be overplayed. I figured I can start playing for pot control on such a dry board. There are a few ugly turns like Q's/J's/T's, but I think I should try to maximise value when I'm ahead (weaker KX and semibluffs like 78) and minimise losses when behind ( against 2prs and sets) by playing this way.

Turn: 99 and 78 gets there, but other than I felt this being a pretty safe card since I dont think 99 min raises my cbet on the flop. I didn't want to DB the turn as I can still be behind. So I feel C/C the turn keeps in some weaker KX's plus I'm not getting a bad price 3.45:1 on a call and the board isnt that wet or scary.

River: Pretty safe river for me. Unless he flopped a set or has K5 in which case I was owned from the word go. My aim here was to just get to showdown. So I felt like check/call was my only option. I didnt feel like value betting the river since he has already shown quite a bit of aggression and 1/2 pot bet might leave me pot committed so I would have to bet/call and I didnt think that my hand was that strong.

When he bets pot I think this is my only opportunity to fold and should be an easy one. I think weak players tend to feel disappointed that all my chips were not in the middle before the river.

I think I would be snapping him off for 1/2 pot. I did tank it prettty hard before making this disgusting call. I have to be right far too often and need like 33% equity. Based on his stats I think he would just check top pair back there so he prob mostly has 2pr+. sets and FH's and is shoving for value, not as a bluff.

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $10.60
      Hero (UTG): $14.89
      UTG+1: $16.40
      MP: $10.60
      MP+1: $30.57 (40/18/0.6/32/57 hands) so LP IMO
      CO: $6.71
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $9.90

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:diamond: K:heart:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.40, fold, fold, SB calls $0.35, fold

Flop: ($1.30, 3 players) 5:heart: K:club: 6:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.87, MP+1 raises to $1.80, fold, Hero calls $0.93

Turn: ($4.90, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00

River: ($8.90, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $8.90, Hero calls $8.90

MP+1 shows 5:diamond: 4:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 41%, Flop 27%, Turn 11%)
      Hero mucks A:diamond: K:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Fives) (Pre 59%, Flop 73%, Turn 89%)
      MP+1 wins $25.37
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Well, according his bet sizing I don't really like that much the river Call. Turn Call of course for the given odds is fine but I don't really see why we should Call on river. He most likely ain't bluffing, neither over-valuing there Kx.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      River is poor from me, but flop and turn play okay or would you even consider folding the turn?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      River is poor from me, but flop and turn play okay or would you even consider folding the turn?
      Nope, never. He may easily even have there worse Kx hands. :)