[NL2-NL10] A bit unpredictable player

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      515 hands/ 34/ 17/ 38 cbet/ 28 wtsd/ 58 W$sd

Stats seem so so, but to me this player seems fishy. He has some weird moves, this is also the reason I played it like I did.

Flop is pretty good for me. He only 1/2 cbets and I have a feeling he 3bet-shoves with overcards + FD and 88+. Main reason I didn't do it because then the pot would be quite big if he only called and playing OOP sucks big time.

Turn doesn't complete and I decide to c/c again. I know this is bad because pot already gets big and if he goes for value on the river we can't call it, even if blank comes. I decided because I thought he can do it with worse hands - FD, 44-66, AJ, AQ, AK, A3.

River is a good card for me. When he 3rd barrels I see A8 and also some 99 which beat me. I don't think he does it with pure air. I called him because of my notes that he normal value bets TP, bets weak when not so strong. I see 44,55,66 in his range. Is that over optimistic??

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10)
      BB ($9.80)
      UTG ($11.83)
      UTG+1 ($16.90)
      CO ($10.53)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 7:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.45, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.40, fold, UTG calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.45) 8:diamond: 3:spade: 2:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.72, UTG folds

TURN ($2.89) 8:diamond: 3:spade: 2:diamond: T:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1.44, Hero calls $1.44

RIVER ($5.77) 8:diamond: 3:spade: 2:diamond: T:club: T:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $2.88, Hero calls $2.88

UTG+1 shows K:diamond: J:diamond:
      (Pre 49%, Flop 54.1%, Turn 34.1%)

Hero shows 7:club: 7:heart:
      (Pre 51%, Flop 45.9%, Turn 65.9%)

Hero wins $10.77
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Rather bet yourself the flop than Check/Call it. We need to protect our hand and not let them Check behind. Don't like the play you did here and turn your hand into bluff-catcher.

Best Regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Rather bet yourself the flop than Check/Call it. We need to protect our hand and not let them Check behind. Don't like the play you did here and turn your hand into bluff-catcher.

Best Regards.
      Thing is that I don't see him folding almost never on the flop. He may float me and there's almost no card that I can continue on the turn with. If I c/c the flop he won't cbet with pure air on the turn. He still has the position and can suckout on me on the river or just bluff.

My hand is bluff catcher but this is pretty good board for our hand isn't it? Other than A8 and maybe 99 I don't see many hands doing it.
      I agree I gave him the chance to suck out on me with his hand but I don't think I could play it differently.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So? If he doesn't fold? Then it's good for us, we still protect our hand. It's just horrible to turn your hand into bluff catcher in those spots. He will rarely bluff into multiway pot here with having CB of 38. :)