FL Heads Up

• Tintuks
      Tintuks
      Bronze
      Hi, could someone suggest the best poker room for playing fixed limit heads up on micro stacks? I've been playing at 770 poker, I lost a lot at first, but now when I got the hang of it I'm slowly winning it back. The problem is that there aren't actually as many people who play this tipe of cash game, and I've had days that I've been sitting for hours alone at a table until someone joins. Perhaps somebody knows a poker room where fl heads up is more popular?
  • 12 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      I think that you shouldn't play lower than 2/4, because the rake is such a killer in this game. Also, I'd recommend to sit at 6max or fullring tables, this way you'll get more action.

I think Stars would be your best choice trafficwise, you could also try Ongame for more fishes
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      thanks taavi1337 :f_love:

i do not play FL but i have heard that traffic can be a bit of problem here because is it a less popular game type. maybe more FL players can give their opinion.

smiles,
      wendy
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Firstly I'd like to thank purplefizz for that wonderful insight :D

Hey Tintuks,
      Sitting for hours alone until another player joins is pretty much what you get nowadays if you play FLHU as your main game.

The best way to combat this is to have money on multiple networks and thus triple or quadruple your chances to find an opponent.

Also, everyone taavi mentioned is a good idea.

FLHU SnGs can be a good alternative if you want lower rake till you move up!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      Firstly I'd like to thank purplefizz for that wonderful insight :D

you're welcome :coolface:

and ty for popping by :f_love:

also Tintuks, its an absolute must to attend Terrorblade's coachings if you play the game. he does wonderful things in there.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      When it comes to starting out, I've been playing the low stakes FLHU SNGs as the rake is quite low compared to the number of hands you get dealt.

This makes for good practice.^

I've heard that 2/4 on stars is quite profitable for a good HU player. My coach has encouraged me a lot to start playing HU games once I reach those stakes.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would stop playing FLHU on 770 immediately because of the massive bots on micro limits, assuming you are playing micros. Even if you are avoiding them, they reducing your chances of a bad player sitting to your table. The rake is about 3.2 BB/100.

Ongame has lots of fishes, but lower population (at least for FLHU) and huge rake (~5BB/100) and from the micros I've only met one bot (Pofalla99) sitting on some tables virtually all day and he's rarely got somebody to paly with.

Sitting on empty 6max and FR tables is the best choice you have I think, especially because most of those players are way too passive for HU.
      The only downside for that is after a couple of hands most likely more people will join your table when the averages of the table refreshes in the lobby.

Another choice can be to play HU SNG's altough I don't know much about them.
    • support770
      support770
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tarhonya
      Hi,

I would stop playing FLHU on 770 immediately because of the massive bots on micro limits, assuming you are playing micros. Even if you are avoiding them, they reducing your chances of a bad player sitting to your table. The rake is about 3.2 BB/100.

Ongame has lots of fishes, but lower population (at least for FLHU) and huge rake (~5BB/100) and from the micros I've only met one bot (Pofalla99) sitting on some tables virtually all day and he's rarely got somebody to paly with.

Sitting on empty 6max and FR tables is the best choice you have I think, especially because most of those players are way too passive for HU.
      The only downside for that is after a couple of hands most likely more people will join your table when the averages of the table refreshes in the lobby.

Another choice can be to play HU SNG's altough I don't know much about them.

Hello,

I wish to assure you that the integrity of Poker770 is our highest priority. For this reason, a poker account is to be used exclusively by the registered account holder and the use of any automated “BOTS” is prohibited.

Therefore, using a combination of automated and human monitoring tools to identify and prevent any irregular play patterns, we ensure a fair and pleasant gaming environment.

Take into consideration as well that all suspicious players are checked and those who fail to pass our “bot” testing procedures will be banned from the site.

In case you want to try our HU Sit'n'go tournaments, please note that a SNG HU starts as soon as the table is full(2 players). There is no interruption during the game. The tournament continues until the game is over and the winner is also the player who accumulates all the chips of the competition. For more information about poker rules and how to improve your poker skills, please consult as well http://www.poker770.com/en/games-academy.

Regards,

Lauraine
      Customer Support Poker770
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's nice of you to show up and react to my post, even though you have no jurisdiction over the ipoker network, none! So you can't assure me of something you don't know, can you? Poker770 is just a part of the iPoker Network which handles any issues regarding game integrity.
      There are bots on the network and that is a fact, but even if you knew there were bots, all you could do is to report them to the ipoker network support. Which you or your colleagues already did a couple of times.

I advise you to read through THIS forum, it's a pokerstrategy forum link and I ask you to read it as a person, not as a poker770 representative. Mainly because I don't need any reactions from you even if you decide not to read it, and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but quite simply, you can't help the problem.

You can post as many template messages all over the internet as you want, but at this point it's just pathetic.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      ^ if you're right & Poker770 cannot remove players who are playing on the ipoker network (presumably those not at Poker770) then I completely agree. They cannot directly guarantee game integrity if they have to rely on another company.

bots in HU FL games is definitely a problem since the best ones are exceptionally good at the game, practically unbeatable by the best players, and with rake I think you're always losing over the long term.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Solution against bots - ????? Tableselect, lol. Why would you want to play vs a good player anyway?
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Solution against bots - ????? Tableselect, lol. Why would you want to play vs a good player anyway?
      Making sure you're not up against Polaris or Sonia is a good start :f_biggrin:

Also in low rake games the guys your playing against doesn't have to be a card-carrying drooler for it to be profitable but at lower stakes you definitely want fish.

And I agree with what's been said re rake. Anything below 2/4 is raked at about 6BB/100. That's SOME advantage you'll need over your opponent. it's possible but only if you play against guys who wouldn't get a Shoe-Tying license if one existed.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      For HU, of course, but 6-max is full of them too.
      If you want to play HU you'll sit at empty tables waiting for players to join you, but the problem is that bots are doing the same, waiting at tables for players and so your chances of getting any action is reduced by them.