[NL2-NL10] SH NL10 KQo

• sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      41/28/ only 39 hands.
      Was stealing frequently whit 2.5bb since bb was folding ~80% but he was 3 betting against steal good amount and sb is aggressive too.

KK+,JJ,KTs,QTs,AdQd,AdTd,Ad9d,Td9d,Ad8d,Ad7d,KTo - 44.95% (inserted JJ and AA - since there is a chance he is mindlessly slow-playing them)
      KdQh - 55.05%

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $10.96
      SB:
      $14.93
      BB:
      $8.18
      MP2:
      $13.39
      MP3:
      $6.11
      CO:
      $16.16

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB folds, BB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.25) J, 5, K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.38, BB calls $0.78.

Turn: ($4.01) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.98, BB raises to $6.20, Hero calls $4.22.

River: ($16.41) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $16.41.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sausage646,

Flop: I don't like in first place the raise here. Rather just Call and keep weaker hands in play than isolate myself against strong hands.

As played
      Turn: Don't like it that much. I'd most likely make a normal bet here and then reevaluate it on further action but most likely even consider folding my hand with such a play. What do you think what kind of hands do you beat here which picks such a line? Doubt that he would have such a wide range as you mentioned above.

Also if he really wanted to get it in then why ain't he just 3betting it on flop where he might even gain some fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      b/f turn? whit this bet size we already need only 25.7% equity ?
      what would be normal bet size? since I am betting 50% at this moment - you would suggest 2/3 than - getting 21 % and fold?

wouldn't it be better to raise flop - since if he wanted to induce whit his monster hands - KJ,JJ,AA - he would defiantly come over the top? And than if he calls only hand which beats me on turn would be AK but considering his range have lot of draws I can easy call whit my 25.7%.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      b/f turn? whit this bet size we already need only 25.7% equity ?what would be normal bet size? since I am betting 50% at this moment - you would suggest 2/3 than - getting 21 % and fold?

Well, it's still a 3bet pot. What kind of hands do you expect to beat here vs his line? Although I didn't see him having just $8. :D But it's almost the same thing. Plus of course we only have a small hands sample on him. With your equity calculations with his stack and his range we of course are shipping it but now again do we really expect the opponent to have such a wide range? Also why do you skip made hands? Like AK? 55? Or whatsoever, which has to be also in his range:

Board: J:diamond: 5:diamond: K:club:  3:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    64.75%  58.37%   6.38% { KK+, JJ, 55, AKs, KTs+, QTs, AdQd, AdTd, Td9d, AKo, KTo+ }
      UTG+1  35.25%  28.87%   6.38% { KdQh }

So which is towards a Call as you mentioned and if we do expect him to play draws that aggressively.

wouldn't it be better to raise flop - since if he wanted to induce whit his monster hands - KJ,JJ,AA - he would defiantly come over the top? And than if he calls only hand which beats me on turn would be AK but considering his range have lot of draws I can easy call whit my 25.7%.

Do you plan to Raise/Fold then? Or what's your plan after he goes for 3bet for example?