This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QJ 10nl

• buzzinowt
      buzzinowt
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players

BB: $12.70 (127 bb)
      MP1: $12.44 (124.4 bb)
      CO: $16.57 (165.7 bb)
      SB: $11.37 (113.7 bb)
      UTG+2: $16.43 (164.3 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $10.50 (105 bb)
      MP3: $10 (100 bb)
      MP2: $11.44 (114.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q:heart: J:club:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: ($0.50) 3:heart: 4:heart: Q:spade: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, CO bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36, 3 folds

Turn: ($1.22) T:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.87, Hero calls $0.87

River: ($2.96) A:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Villain's stats: VPIP: 20, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 3.7, Hands: 292

He is very good despite his stats. On the flop I think he could have draws and pocket pairs or a queen. On the turn his bet is pretty large so I think he could be playing a heart draw aggressively or even another queen but I don't think he's limping AQ, maybe KQs. I don't think he has any pocket pairs after double barrelling except maybe TT or QQ rarely. Really I was quite stumped by this and I thought that it was too nitty to fold top pair decent kicker vs this opponent who is very aggressive. On the river I don't think he has the draw because he wouldn't check it after double barrelling and me calling. I check behind because I can't call a check raise and I don't think I'm getting any worse hands to call.

Comments welcome thank you.

Also, I note on the starting hands chart that it says "one player called", does this mean that I should only be calling these hands when versus 1 limper?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello buzzinowt,

Preflop: In those spots while you even have position I'd really rather raise it up here than limp in. QJo ain't gonna be a very strong hand in multiway pot. Also you could easily do mistakes by overplaying your TP.

As played
      Postflop: Well, exactly that I meant to say that how you can overplay your TP. What would you do if some non- comes and he bets again? It was pretty much a freeplay pot and often times our TP isn't that strong in those spots. Against some opponents I might even just fold it right on turn while we just beat some draws there and we can't even be sure that he plays his draws so aggressively.

Best Regards.