MP1: $12.44 (124.4 bb)
      CO: $16.57 (165.7 bb)
      SB: $11.37 (113.7 bb)
      UTG+2: $16.43 (164.3 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $10.50 (105 bb)
      MP3: $10 (100 bb)
      MP2: $11.44 (114.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q:heart: J:club:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: ($0.50) 3:heart: 4:heart: Q:spade: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, CO bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36, 3 folds

Turn: ($1.22) T:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.87, Hero calls $0.87

River: ($2.96) A:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Villain's stats: VPIP: 20, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 3.7, Hands: 292

He is very good despite his stats. On the flop I think he could have draws and pocket pairs or a queen. On the turn his bet is pretty large so I think he could be playing a heart draw aggressively or even another queen but I don't think he's limping AQ, maybe KQs. I don't think he has any pocket pairs after double barrelling except maybe TT or QQ rarely. Really I was quite stumped by this and I thought that it was too nitty to fold top pair decent kicker vs this opponent who is very aggressive. On the river I don't think he has the draw because he wouldn't check it after double barrelling and me calling. I check behind because I can't call a check raise and I don't think I'm getting any worse hands to call.

Comments welcome thank you.

Also, I note on the starting hands chart that it says "one player called", does this mean that I should only be calling these hands when versus 1 limper?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello buzzinowt,

Preflop: In those spots while you even have position I'd really rather raise it up here than limp in. QJo ain't gonna be a very strong hand in multiway pot. Also you could easily do mistakes by overplaying your TP.

As played
      Postflop: Well, exactly that I meant to say that how you can overplay your TP. What would you do if some non- comes and he bets again? It was pretty much a freeplay pot and often times our TP isn't that strong in those spots. Against some opponents I might even just fold it right on turn while we just beat some draws there and we can't even be sure that he plays his draws so aggressively.

Best Regards.