This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 folding kings pre (i know, just hear me out)

• PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $29.50
      CO:
      $52.44
      BU (Hero):
      $75.14
      SB:
      $65.44
      BB:
      $20.00
      MP1:
      $68.97
      MP2:
      $76.10

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      MP1 raises to $1.00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3.45, SB raises to $5.90, 2 folds, Hero raises to $16.61, SB raises to $27.57, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $17.86.

It took a lot of courage posting this hand here, but here it goes...
      This guy was playing really tight (9/8 over 350 hands)... He folded to every 3 bet except 1, and he 3bet himself only once before this hand... Also he was extremely passive postflop, whenever he raised pre he d never cbet unless he hit something, was folding every hand almost every time (i marked him as super tight)...

And ofc this hand came up, so when he 4bet i was like ok so it s aa, ak, kk or qq and was happy to get it in, but then he makes this really small 6bet, which made me think he can t have anything except aa here (maybe the other 2 kings)... If he just pushed after my 5bet i d snap call but considering that bizarrely small raise and the fact that he was playing really tight and careful i thought to myself he never plays ak qq like this (again, maybe kk but unlikely) and if there was ever a spot to fold kings this has to be it...

I know you should never ever ever ever fold kings pre and since i started playing poker i have never even considered folding kings pre but i just felt like he has to have aces here...

So my question is: a) would you fold here?
      b) has anyone ever had a similar situation with a similar opponent, shoved on him and have him show a worse hand (or make him fold)?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Small 4-bet seems very strong and I would personally not go there 5-bet to then only fold to small 6-bet. You´re putting just too much money in pf with second nuts. Imo it is a lot better to call his small 4-bet and play postflop ip.
      You get odds to hit your set and if he is 4-bet bluffing or valuebetting with worse hands you can also make decisions postflop.

So my question is: a) would you fold here?
      - after 5-betting no
      b) has anyone ever had a similar situation with a similar opponent, shoved on him and have him show a worse hand (or make him fold)?
      I´ve seen highstakes video where player put in half his stack by 6-betting and then insta folding to shove. But he wasn´t really playing 9/8 style.