This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 SH KJ river bet

• dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Black
      iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): $10.52
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $10.41
      UTG: $9.07
      MP: $10.71
      CO: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:diamond: K:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 5:spade: T:heart: Q:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.55, 2 players) A:heart:
      UTG bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2.30, UTG calls $1.80

River: ($6.15, 2 players) 4:spade:
      UTG checks, [color=red]Hero ?

Villain is a fish so he definatly call with worse, but how much should I bet, and is it easy fold if he rises?
  • 6 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well u definitely can check i doubt hes on draw since i think he would just fold turn.

I would bet like 3 there and then call shove.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dooleslovs,

Preflop: Well, why do you Call in first place? Do you think he is raising with worse hands from UTG? What about his PFR overall?

As played
      Postflop: Don't like that much your raise size on the turn, ~$3-4 would be mine which is pot size and protect your hand. If he has a hand he is going to Call anyways. And river bet would be ~1/2 pot size bet, kinda ugly that the FD completes which could be even in his play-style range and which is towards folding our hand most likely if we get raised.

Best Regards.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Black
      hi thanks for answer, about pre, hes a fish playing 70/20/2/35 so i have pos i guess call is good?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dooleslovs
      hi thanks for answer, about pre, hes a fish playing 70/20/2/35 so i have pos i guess call is good?
      Well, seems to be fine if he opens as well a lot of hands from UTG. :) But I'd really watch out and not overplay TP hands, also you have opponents behind you, what about them?
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Black
      I usally check if they are sqz happy. Is it good idea to limp with AK QQ+ if threre are some exreamly sqz happy opponents behind. I mean they are sqzing like 20%.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dooleslovs
      I usally check if they are sqz happy. Is it good idea to limp with AK QQ+ if threre are some exreamly sqz happy opponents behind. I mean they are sqzing like 20%.
      Sure, why not? Usually I do like to trap with something like KK/AA in those spots, especially against those squeeze-happy guys.