NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.56)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($12.55)
      UTG+1 ($7.98)
      CO ($5.20)
      BTN ($8.51)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 7:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.80, CO calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.65) Q:diamond: J:heart: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $1.02, CO calls $1.02

TURN ($3.69) Q:diamond: J:heart: 7:diamond: 6:heart:

Hero ?

Hi,
      Villain is 75/13(8hands). So, he is unknown.
      I think I should just fold preflop VS this opponent.
      how do you play this hand postflop?

thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Certainly fold pre-flop. He is nowhere near deep enough to make 97s an effective hand to 3bet OOP. At these stakes you can just 3-bet only for value OOP and your life becomes one hell of a lot easier.

Post-flop proves why 3-bet bluffing OOP isn't fun.

As played you could just check/fold flop tbh, it might be nitty but that's a horrible flop for you and a great one for his range (which is admittedly huge given his stats). He has a pair+ or a decent draw like every time.

After you bet the flop and turn a flush draw I think you have to shove. He has less than - or around - a PSB left and you have decent equity against most of his hands. Still, this hand is easier to play if you just fold pre :)

NB: my HeadAdmin status does not mean I know jack about how to correctly play poker ;)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I dont like that 3bet. U will play oop your hand and face exact troubles like you did on turn.

as played turn is of course check/fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Preflop: Against loose-mid-stacks it's just horrible to 3bet it here. :( You will rarely have any fold equity.

As played
      Flop: I'd just Check/Fold it, that kind of board hardly hits his calling range which most likely will be towards broadways which he ain't folding, nor a draw neither a pair.

As played
      Turn: Just Check it, doubt that we will have enough of fold equity here, neither the overall equity isn't that greatest while only 1 card to come. Hoping for free card is much safer since if he has any kind of draw/weak pair himself then we will very likely even see a free card.

Best Regards.