This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh

• JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.56)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($12.55)
      UTG+1 ($7.98)
      CO ($5.20)
      BTN ($8.51)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 7:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.80, CO calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.65) Q:diamond: J:heart: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $1.02, CO calls $1.02

TURN ($3.69) Q:diamond: J:heart: 7:diamond: 6:heart:

Hero ?

Hi,
      Villain is 75/13(8hands). So, he is unknown.
      I think I should just fold preflop VS this opponent.
      how do you play this hand postflop?

thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Certainly fold pre-flop. He is nowhere near deep enough to make 97s an effective hand to 3bet OOP. At these stakes you can just 3-bet only for value OOP and your life becomes one hell of a lot easier.

Post-flop proves why 3-bet bluffing OOP isn't fun.

As played you could just check/fold flop tbh, it might be nitty but that's a horrible flop for you and a great one for his range (which is admittedly huge given his stats). He has a pair+ or a decent draw like every time.

After you bet the flop and turn a flush draw I think you have to shove. He has less than - or around - a PSB left and you have decent equity against most of his hands. Still, this hand is easier to play if you just fold pre :)

NB: my HeadAdmin status does not mean I know jack about how to correctly play poker ;)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I dont like that 3bet. U will play oop your hand and face exact troubles like you did on turn.

as played turn is of course check/fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Preflop: Against loose-mid-stacks it's just horrible to 3bet it here. :( You will rarely have any fold equity.

As played
      Flop: I'd just Check/Fold it, that kind of board hardly hits his calling range which most likely will be towards broadways which he ain't folding, nor a draw neither a pair.

As played
      Turn: Just Check it, doubt that we will have enough of fold equity here, neither the overall equity isn't that greatest while only 1 card to come. Hoping for free card is much safer since if he has any kind of draw/weak pair himself then we will very likely even see a free card.

Best Regards.