losing bad using sss

• das
      das
      Bronze
      I just got my free $50 from PGS 2days ago.
      Now i'm only left with $15.
      I follow the SSS rules quite strictly and i am not making at profit at all.
      NL10 and about 4tables at 1time.

Is there any advice?
  • 21 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      post hands

SSS forum is here http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1436
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      As chenny mentioned post hands, it's the best way to improve your game!

(It's PS, not this #%^^$%#^^@clan full of polish people (no real offense) who are just annoying as hell and waste my rake)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I am a beginner too and playing on low limits.I don`t know your experience,but i decided to start multi tabling after i play 10 000 hands.It`s of course sometimes very boring to play SSS and don`t limp in with ATs from LP,but your stack with this
      strategy can`t afford good post flop play.You can study your opponents,do notes etc..Tables selection is very important ,you have to select not only with high average pot ,but players/flop percentage also should be high.My profit increased when i started to choose tables carefully.I can tell from my experience that profit with SSS isn`t growing as fast as you want.And beginners also have to undergo bad beats as all poker players and sometimes it`s very hard.Obviously to read posted hands on SSS hands evaluation is very useful,you can find solutions for many your
      problems at the tables.Hands evaluation do not players like you and me,but pro judges who did go through our current problems.Cash games is more hard to play than tournaments also,maybe S`n`G you would like more.
      Good luck at the tables.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      we don't like you?!

and i think most of us started at the low stakes!

as for what you said about cashgame vs tournament, cashgame is definitely easier IMO especially SSS!
    • jasonsimbre
      jasonsimbre
      Bronze
      on the other hand i am having a succesful time in fultilt poker from 50 i hav 270 now widin 2 days.. tnx for the poker lesson provided by pokerstrategy
    • das
      das
      Bronze
      wow 270, im more like aiming for 27 now.

I saw the video posted at PS for SSS. The guy did not choose his table. He just randomly click a table and play.
      Will there be any difference?
      1more qns, in NL10 am i supposed to buy in when my stack reached $1.50 and change table once my stack reached $2.50?
    • das
      das
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jasonsimbre
      on the other hand i am having a succesful time in fultilt poker from 50 i hav 270 now widin 2 days.. tnx for the poker lesson provided by pokerstrategy
      You playing SSS on NL10?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I high doubt jasonsimbre is playing NL10 SSS if he went up that quickly. das, I recommend posting hands, watching videos, and going over the strategy articles again to make sure your doing everything right.

It could be that your just getting very unlucky, but even more likely is that you are also still making mistakes. The most important thing to remember in this early period is to work on improving your game. You wouldnt be the first member that slid very low with his starting capital - but still made it all the way back to the top (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/Posting-talking-reading-evaluating_04117)

Better luck at the tables in the future :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Dear Chenny8888,
      I don`t know you well,but i like you.

quote-as for what you said about cashgame vs tournament, cashgame is definitely easier IMO especially SSS!

Definitely my English is not so good,but i mean that from psychological point of
      view cash games definitely harder to play especially at one table,when you still learning and have to fold dozens of those good looking cards and wait hours of good ones.Technically basic SSS game is easy as breaking Easter egg and you absolutely right.Tournaments for beginners create more action.

Maybe you can tell how many hands I should play to start multitabling?

Best luck at the tables.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      soon as you're comfortable with your play, i would start adding more tables. i'd add 1 table at a time, ie once you're comfortable with 2, add another; 3, add another; etc etc. this really helps with patience as you have more hands on average to play per minute, and you get less bored! there's no real fixed amount of hands you should play first though, it's really up to you, how fast you learn, etc.

as for tournaments, to be a winning player, you must also fold a lot of hands at the beginning of tournaments!

i play nearly as tight as SSS (slightly different hand range), during the start of sitngos :) .

"we don't like you?!" was a question; i'm sure no one here has anything against you! :)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Thanks man ,very helpful
      Happy Easter
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      as for what you said about cashgame vs tournament, cashgame is definitely easier IMO especially SSS!
      you must be kidding) or you meant MTT?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      Originally posted by xylere
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      you must be kidding) or you meant MTT?
      a winning beginner's SS strategy i think is a lot easier to learn than a beginner's SNG strategy... (no offence intended) :P
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      heh, what kind of offense) yeah, it is easier, of course) but the idea is pretty much the same. You can not extract as much value from the edge you have, as you can do playing NL cash with a deep stack.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      agreed.

different sort of edge you have, but you're essentially right
    • das
      das
      Bronze
      ladyluck is not shinning over me.
      finally fought up to $54 today, yet in a few badstreaks and stupid mistakes i'm currently down to $8.
      I'm seriously wondering if i can move up again with just $8 bankroll.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      you can ! I moved up from 7 $. Twice. Now I'm stuck at 40 $, you just need a bit of luck, and a lot of tightness hehe
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      ladyluck is not shinning over me.

I am sorry, but in my opinion, long term "luck" is a result of some efforts. You've never posted a single Hand :P
    • das
      das
      Bronze
      pardon me, but i don't know how to post hands.