wanna chat??

• Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I noticed this is never discussed and that is how text chat can semi trick people at times, kind of like talking at live tourneys.

Can text chat be a tool? I think yes

Is this taboo?

just curious what you guys think.

yours truly: CardBender420
  • 7 replies
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      I always have the text chat turned off but I have a friend I watch play sometimes and he uses chat to try and tilt people.
      I think that this is very bad for several reasons.
      1. People play poker for fun and spoiling peoples fun is bad.
      2. People on tilt take it out on their nearest and dearest and you just never know who is at the table and what is going on in their lives.
      3. People who get put on tilt are less likely to come back to tables in the long run.
      4. When I see my friend do this it actually makes him look ugly and stupid, the way he laughs when he thinks he has tilted someone. Normally he is a nice guy.
      5. A million and 1 other reasons but I will leave that to others to post.

Good question, people don't seem to discuss it here...
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      i use chat to boost the ego of the horrible villains, etc. things like nh wp, unlucky etc... keeps them coming back in the long run :P

another thing about tilt is, sometimes the villains will play better if you tilt them! like if he was just messing around, if you get him angry, he could start focusing and stack you a couple times..

so humanitarian reasons aside, you should try keep from tilting players in chat...
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      yah good call at boosting their ego. I do find it works. I rarely tilt anyone only if they start calling me names because I took their money. :D
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      likewise.

and i get nasty against those sharks/wannabesharks (mainly the latter) that harass a fish for making a bad call, etc.

or report them :P
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I nearly never say anything. I just replay if the players congratulate me on a good play or when they cry about being unlucky. I hate it if other TAGs shout at the fish.... often they leave because they play for fun!
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      I rarely write something besides "nh" or "ty". Sometimes i complain a little if I loose my hand because of a stupid board (like me holding A :spade: A :heart: and the board is of one suit, let's say :club: and i'm not holding it ofcourse)
      Or if a donkey wins against me with rags and than he writes "thank you for your money" or something like this. Than I write something in a sarcastic manor or something "less polite" nothing too harsh tho', but it's hard not to go on tilt and not to write something like F*** YOU or similar back. :D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      My tilt chat is: "....". (Not really tilting of course.)