Broodjkaas's SNG blog - June wrap up

• broodjkaas
      broodjkaas
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,
      first of all, excuse me for my english, it isn't my main language and it isnt very good.
      I am broodjkaas, I play poker for about 2 years now and I'm finally manage to get some profit. My main game is shorthanded sng's on Europoker, the 5-max sng's. I play at the 11$ lvl and im trying to move up to the 22$ lvl. Ive got a nice rakeback deal at europoker so every 5th of the month I recieve rakeback. Every 6th of the month I cash out €250, some motivation money, so I can see (and my parents obv. lol) that im making money with this cardgame. I'll try to keep this topic updated and post a graph every now and then. At the moment I'm mainly working on watching coachingvideo's and figure out how the coaches play and try to mix that up in my game, I play just 6 tables for the maxium focus and to give me the time to think about every hand I play, so I'll improve my game and get to know what moves are right and what moves are wrong.

My goals for november are:
      -750 games
      -5% roi
  • 72 replies
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Good luck dude!

Hint: Write in paragraphs, it makes it a lot easier/more comfortable to read.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Good luck and welcome to our blog section! :)
    • aftenieovidiu
      aftenieovidiu
      Bronze
      good luck.keep us updated
    • broodjkaas
      broodjkaas
      Bronze
      Thank you guys.

Took a shot at the 22$'s yesterday but unfortunatly it didnt went well, lost 6 buy ins. Luckely I managed to win it back at the 11$'s so I'll take another shot today, by playing 3 tables 11$'s and 3 tables 22$'s.

Here's my graph of this month, 11's only. :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/beginnovember.png/
    • broodjkaas
      broodjkaas
      Bronze
      Just horrible, as soon as I start playing 22's it looks like the whole poker world is against me, carddead, coolers, running bad, its terrible. Lost 10 buy ins at the 22's today in 18 games.. Couldnt win a single tourney. Really frustrating when you keep running bad if you try to move up. Lost 340$ in 30 games taking shots so its gonna take a while before im taking a shot again i guess.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Originally posted by broodjkaas
      Just horrible, as soon as I start playing 22's it looks like the whole poker world is against me, carddead, coolers, running bad, its terrible. Lost 10 buy ins at the 22's today in 18 games.. Couldnt win a single tourney. Really frustrating when you keep running bad if you try to move up. Lost 340$ in 30 games taking shots so its gonna take a while before im taking a shot again i guess.
      My commiserations. :P Anyway, those games are very fast, so be prepared for even bigger swings.

Btw, how did you get a deal at Europoker? I thought they don't offer any deals apart from normal VIP program. ?(
    • broodjkaas
      broodjkaas
      Bronze
      @dydukas yeah I know but it's harder to deal with the swings when you're moving up coz you're not used to the amount of money you could lose in a short time :p and the rakeback.. well lets say i know somebody there.

Played about 75 games last 3 days, didnt played really good and didnt run really good so i'm not very satisfied, only lost 3 bi or so, so it isn't really that big a deal
    • broodjkaas
      broodjkaas
      Bronze
      Been a while since my last update, been pretty busy with school and other stuff so didn't had that much time to grind. Since my failed attempts to move up i've been playing the 11's, with good results. Because i'm pretty busy these days I dont think I'll reach my # of games goal. Played 580 games at the 11's this month with a 11.3% roi so that's a good result.
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Originally posted by broodjkaas
      Been a while since my last update, been pretty busy with school and other stuff so didn't had that much time to grind. Since my failed attempts to move up i've been playing the 11's, with good results. Because i'm pretty busy these days I dont think I'll reach my # of games goal. Played 580 games at the 11's this month with a 11.3% roi so that's a good result.
      Definitely a good result, and it's probably best not to move up when you are busy with other stuff, cause you need quite some time to study new spots etc.
    • broodjkaas
      broodjkaas
      Bronze
      It's time for my november recap. November was a pretty decent month, ran good at the 11's and bad at the 22's. Im happy with the progres I made this month and I hope I catch a heather at the 22's soon :)

I played 741 games in total, my goal was 750 games so I'm happy with my volume.

I played 711's games at the 11's with a roi of 9.8% and a profit of 769$
      I played 30 games at the 22's with a roi of -51.5% and a profit of -340$

I've made $360 with my first deposit bonus and made 424.05$ on rakeback, so my total profit is 769-340+360+424.05= 1213.05.

I had to play 20 more games to clear the last $120 of my bonus but unfortunatly I was sick yesterday so I couldnt play, kinda had the idea I also had today to clear it but too bad.

In december I've got more time to grind so my goal is 700 games at the 11's and 150 games at the 22's.
    • aftenieovidiu
      aftenieovidiu
      Bronze
      nice profit for the mouth man.a bit unluky for 22$ but 30 games means nothing.

good luck for december goals
    • broodjkaas
      broodjkaas
      Bronze
      December starts very poor.. busted my roll today, had like 30 buy ins on my account so it isnt a very big deal. Gonna study until I recieve rakeback somewere this week, rakeback will be ~40 buy in so I dont have to deposit from my moneybookers acc luckely.
    • aftenieovidiu
      aftenieovidiu
      Bronze
      rakeback 40BI??that is insane:O
    • broodjkaas
      broodjkaas
      Bronze
      played 800 games with 55% rb so it's about 40 bi's :)
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I hope to be where you are very shortly :)
    • aftenieovidiu
      aftenieovidiu
      Bronze
      you recive rakeback monthly right?i was used with fulltilt where i got rakeback weekly.anyway is still very good 40BI rakeback :)
    • broodjkaas
      broodjkaas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      I hope to be where you are very shortly :)
      Feels good to hear that :)

Originally posted by aftenieovidiu
      you recive rakeback monthly right?i was used with fulltilt where i got rakeback weekly.anyway is still very good 40BI rakeback :)
      yeah around the 7th of each month. I didnt really liked the weekly rakeback at fulltilt, I like it better when I have a huge boost, dont really know why :p

Atm im not really sure how I should improve my game, maybe you guys could help me out? Dont really know if the best way to improve my game atm is sngwiz sessions, revieuw my sessions or watch vid's etc.
    • aftenieovidiu
      aftenieovidiu
      Bronze
      you should do almost every day a review with sng wizard but if you want to find some new spots sweet session is better.

i made one with jasonforan from pokerstrategy.if you want i will be glad to do with you some of them because it will help me too.
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      It kinda depends on how you feel about your current game. The things/concepts you have studied before, do you feel you understand and apply them? If so, it might be time to learn some new concepts by watching some vids. Think about your strong and weak points, make a list if necessary and focus on your weak points one at a time and check after a week or so if you have improved or if it stayed the same. Etc etc.

If you want, I'm happy to go over some games with you to check where you stand and what you could possibly improve. Hit me up on Skype or let me know in my blog if I'm not on.