Multi table advice

• KeepYourChip
      KeepYourChip
      Bronze
      I'm a multitable maniac, I want to play as many tables I as my brain can handle, but my question is how many sessions/games at a max table limit should I play before I should say that this is too many, or this is fine, and think about adding more tables?

Of cause this is to take out the variance that would be in a single session with the new max table limit, any comments?
  • 19 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Keepyourchip

I don't think others can tell you how many table YOU can handle. It is for you to find out. But generally speaking, the more table you play the less able you are to learn and improve your poker. So unless you think your game is good enough and does not need much improvement I would not go crazy with the number of table.

Best regards

Thazar
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      I do 24 short handed, but i have to go with thazar on this. You MUST know your limit. There is not much room to improve when doing this cause decisions go mostly on quick reactions, u got 2, 3s tops to make it.

There are pros and cons and i suggest reading PokerStrategy article if you can, not sure if bronze can do it, i took my time when i was gold so dont know what limit it was.

Now, dont think that adding more tables could overcome variance from a single session, it only tends to get worse. If your mindset isnt ready, that could be a major blow on your game for a many amount of reasons. I got session where i dropped 15bi below EV in a matter of minutes. Its about what YOU can handle.

But once again, game does NOT improve that much.
    • KeepYourChip
      KeepYourChip
      Bronze
      I think you're misunderstanding my question.

I'm currently playing 40 tables, but I wanted to know how many sessions/games I should play before I can compare the results from playing 40 tables and when 35 tables to see whats the most profitable of the two, and what your view is on this subject.

My bad for not making that clear :)
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      You can't just compare how u did on 40 tables in a session with 35 tables and find out what the most profitable for you will be long term.Every session will be different from the others.

Also i'm not sure what you play but 40 tables is absolutely insane.If you are getting your buzz only from playing as many tables as possible then imo you are going to lose money but i hope you prove me wrong if you go down this route.

How long have you being playing that you can master 40 tables at once and what HUD do you use do you mind me asking?
    • KeepYourChip
      KeepYourChip
      Bronze
      I'm playing stacked, with a HUD that I have applied the data I missed while playing. If you want to get more details about it write again :)

I have profit, and I get my buzz on from playing lots of tables, and playing them well.

The reason I ask this question is because, so far I have added more tables when I felt I could follow the action, and when I have tried sessions with too many tables my brain always collapse after, having a feeling of running really fast.

I've played poker for 4-5 years now.
    • Regularr
      Regularr
      Bronze
      You playing 40 tables on 2 monitors right?
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      We can't judge your abilities, only you are playing and know if you're playing well. If not, when it comes to tables less is more.

The question is.... do YOU feel you can cope at 40 and play well? If so, then by all means crush away and good luck to you.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      brainwashed robot :P 40 tables is to little 60 is the real deal!
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      40 tables..

Dayum..

Next Nanonoko!

I can't imagine the rake back you get and the VIP points :O
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      40 x 0.10 $ = 4 $ rake :p
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      How do you manage playing so many tables? I'm comfortable with about four and they cram my one screen. Tried to load a bit of software called Stack and Tile but it doesn't seem to run with 888.com. Or I'm too dumb to set it up :) .
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I played 1782 tables at once... So will you hurry up?
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      PICS

OR IT
      DIDN'T HAPPEN!!
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      PICS

OR IT
      DIDN'T HAPPEN!!
      +1
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      lol 40 tables on 1 screen is impossible, im 12 tabling on 2 screens and i need more screens :O 24" and 17"
    • matthiasvanlandeghem
      matthiasvanlandeghem
      Bronze
      i started the new year playing 17 tabels at once, before the new year 15, and already i feel like i am getting overwelmed somethimes,... espessially when i stay late in my sng it gets hectic ,-))))

Also for the others, even i play stacked already so am sure he does te same, so for even 100 tabels you only need one screen as long if you play then stacked.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Heave112
      lol 40 tables on 1 screen is impossible, im 12 tabling on 2 screens and i need more screens :O 24" and 17"
      He said he is playing stacked, so it is theoretically possible, if you don't think about what you're doing, and don't mind missing a hand now and again.

and you're in real trouble if those are SnGs and you have 40 heads up at once :)
      --and then your guts start rumbling :f_biggrin:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Its really not that hard to 40 table MTT SNGs. Pretty much every reg that plays 180's on stars plays 30tables+ its really not that hard, its probably easier then 12 tabling NL or PLO sh cash games where you actually have to think about some spots.

SNGs is 99% ICM decesions and once you played 10k games most of those become automatic so your basically just clicking buttonz without thinking since you've seen every spot before so many times.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      yay! another player who plays 40 tables,i thought i was the only one! i play 42,but on two monitors.