[NL2-NL10] ahed/behind?

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      villain unknown
      12 hands/ 83/17/

Flop is so dry I don't want to scare him away so I only call.

Turn is somewhat dangerous since 78 got there and 99 and 66 are possible. His overbetting can't mean he has only some 9x. He can easily have 5x so we're far behind. I think folding is too weak here but going broke seems overplayed.

River is the ugliest card we can see. His line seems logical if he has 6. I made a crying call and hoped to see 9x or 5 to split. Can he do it with 77,88,TT? Beside 6x and 99? He's probably not doing it with straight anymore?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.29)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($11.39)
      CO ($11.26)
      BTN ($23.49)

Dealt to Hero 5:heart: 2:diamond:

fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.25) 6:heart: 5:spade: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

TURN ($0.75) 6:heart: 5:spade: 5:diamond: 9:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

RIVER ($3.25) 6:heart: 5:spade: 5:diamond: 9:heart: 6:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

CO shows J:spade: J:diamond:
      (Pre 84%, Flop 8.9%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero shows 5:heart: 2:diamond:
      (Pre 16%, Flop 91.1%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero wins $9.10
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Why ain't ya betting yourself while you need to even protect your hand. :)

But about the play it's already pretty close on the turn while some draws completed, better 5x possible and also of course we are OOP. :( Sometimes vs such an overbet I might even fold right there.

He's probably not doing it with straight anymore?

Well, you will never know what that kind of fish thinks. :D They might even over-value their straight there.

Best Regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello yaxkukmian,

On the turn or you're talking about the flop? On flop I don't lead because I want to give him the chance to hit if some T, J, Q, K, A hits on turn. If I knew he was fish I would c/r him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello yaxkukmian,

On the turn or you're talking about the flop? On flop I don't lead because I want to give him the chance to hit if some T, J, Q, K, A hits on turn. If I knew he was fish I would c/r him.
      Well, not really worth. Rather just Bet/Bet/Bet yourself being OOP and start building up the pot and at the same time protect your hand.