colusion on the 20man 4 handed tables

• evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Maybe i'm being a prude but just sent this to 888. getting real sick of this happening over and over again, where top two stacks have to knock each other out becuase the bottom 3 stacks on the other table just fold over and over again. (yes im the one that got knocked out). Have removed the names to protect the guilty.

any thoughts on how to get rid of this? or is this actually legal in our game?

Hi,

I would like to report collusion among three players on a $5.50 20 man Nitro on 13/11/2011 at about 9:15 (perth, australia time). The game ID is 34194741

The players names are:
      cheater #1
      cheater #2
      cheater #3

With five players left over 2 table, these players colluded to ensure they all made the final table. They all kept folding while myself and the other remaining player played on the other table until one of us was knocked out. Note I watched the table with these three players on it. This is obvious colussion and against your non-colussion policy stated on your web-site.

Note that this is a very common occurance on the 20 man nitros and something really needs to be done (such as transfer one player on the 3 man table to the 2 man table every five hands or every blind change)

thanks

888 nickname - Barneythedog
  • 5 replies
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      thanks for your reply. so i take it that making agreements for the entire table to fold everyhand regardless of the actual cards to ensure progress and cash for at least two of the players is legal?
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Hey evertonroar.

Are these players actually saying in the chatbox "lets fold everyhand until the shorties bust"?

If not then im afraid there is no way to actually prove collusion.

When you are on the bubble players are always gonna tighten up a bit especially if there is a short stack or 2 ready to bust and make them cash.

This is where you can exploit them and start pushing a wider range of hands in order to big up blinds and build a stack for yourself and put you in better shape to wiin the tourney.

Hope this helps

Carl
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      yes they are. I would say a minimum 10% of the time i make the final five, i get offered the oppurtunity to 'fold to the final table'. And i make a point of watching the other table and often see the deal made. Anyway if you see 20-30 hands in succession folded to the big blind its pretty obvious.

Thanks for the answer anyway. Im sure that nothing will change but these 20 man nitros are oh so juicy and fishy i really shouldnt complain
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Well in that case if they are discussing the folds then screenshot the chat window and send it in to 888 and they will have to act. Then carry on exploiting them and pushing more hands :)

Let us know how you get on with this

Regards

Carl