Hero ($10.59)
      CO ($11.17)
      BTN ($3.80)

Dealt to Hero 3:diamond: 3:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) J:diamond: Q:spade: T:spade:

Hero ?

Hi,

Do you cbet this Flop VS unknown midstacker?

thanks.
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Nah, rather nope. Just Check/Fold it, you will rarely have much fold equity on such a broadway board which is connector and a lot of draws possible.

Best Regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello JHTAN,

Nah, rather nope. Just Check/Fold it, you will rarely have much fold equity on such a broadway board which is connector and a lot of draws possible.

Best Regards.
      how about VS BSSer that they may setmine preflop?
      besides, we are representing AK for straight?

thanks.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      just ch/fold vs anyone w/o any equity

theres a few things you should think about 1) you don't rep only AK you rep such a wide range here 2) his range has more than just PPs BTN vs HJ, so he has an absolute tonne of combos that float/raise u here and not many that fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      how about VS BSSer that they may setmine preflop?
      besides, we are representing AK for straight?

Yes, also even vs BSSer without any specific information on him. Such a flop rather did hit his calling range than yours.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fusionpk

theres a few things you should think about 1) you don't rep only AK you rep such a wide range here 2) his range has more than just PPs BTN vs HJ, so he has an absolute tonne of combos that float/raise u here and not many that fold
      how about if Hero raise from UTG VS BU?
      I guess it is check/fold without any equity.

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by JHTAN

thanks.
      Yes, since BU calling range hardly hits such a board very often, unless the guy is really Calling with very wide range. Try for example a decent opponent calling range of 10%. What does that kind of range consist?
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by JHTAN

thanks.
      Yes, since BU calling range hardly hits such a board very often, unless the guy is really Calling with very wide range. Try for example a decent opponent calling range of 10%. What does that kind of range consist?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I guess 10% calling range as above.
      I would like to say that I am new to no limit SH. Usually, I play MSS and SNG.
      I know that it is very opponent dependent for the ranges that we cold call or 3bet preflop. However, I don't have any history with the players on my tables. So, all of them are unknown to me.
      May you please tell me what range we may cold call in BU,CO,blinds VS unknown(does not have any history)?
      I always cold call with pocket pairs only. I believe that if I know the standard range then I can easy adapt to my opponent when I have enough hand histories with them.

thanks veriz.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      May you please tell me what range we may cold call in BU,CO,blinds VS unknown(does not have any history)?

Well, different opponents do it differently. You could as well cold call with broadways there. For example the range you gave you could easily even sometimes consider giving all the broadways and then you will imagine how many hands actually hit from his range. As from this range you see already that most of his calling range actually did hit. Plus not gonna talk about how many of the ranges he is going to float and maybe even play back.

• Try to find such hands which beat your opponents open raising range.
      • Also try to find such opponents against you can play profitable postflop.
      • And of course try not to play in multiway pot with some off-suited broadways.
      • Many more factors...