NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($13.85)
      BB ($11.48)
      UTG ($31.57)
      UTG+1 ($11.03)
      CO ($3.06)
      Hero ($14.89)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, CO calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.15) 3:spade: 5:heart: Q:club:

CO checks, Hero ?

CO's stats,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi,

how do you play this hand?
      Besides, what is the standard go broke range preflop VS BSSers and MSSers.

thanks.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Doubt that you making any made hand to fold there. For that given reason I'd just Check it behind on the flop while he seems to be even rather passive guy who most likely wont take stabs on us without having a hand.

Best Regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello JHTAN,

Doubt that you making any made hand to fold there. For that given reason I'd just Check it behind on the flop while he seems to be even rather passive guy who most likely wont take stabs on us without having a hand.

Best Regards.
      Hi veriz,

do you mean you that we fold if he bets unless we hit our 6 outs?
      Pease answer my second question above. I repeat the question, what is the standard go broke range preflop VS BSSers and MSSers.

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      do you mean you that we fold if he bets unless we hit our 6 outs?

Yep, exactly.

Pease answer my second question above. I repeat the question, what is the standard go broke range preflop VS BSSers and MSSers.

I can't answer this question since it depends on player. With this guy he is just a mid-stack not MSS player. MSS = Mid-Stack_Strategy follower, but with his stats is he that kind of player? Most likely nope. So practically it would depend what kind of expectations I have on the guy, going broke with AK in this spot is fine vs loose-mid-stack.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hello veriz,

Actually, I wish to know what is the standard go broke range against an unknown with 100 big blinds.
      Let say, what range you may go broke if we are in BB VS BU steals or BB VS UTG open raises. The term 'unknown' means we dont have enough hand history with a player.

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Hello veriz,

Actually, I wish to know what is the standard go broke range against an unknown with 100 big blinds.
      Let say, what range you may go broke if we are in BB VS BU steals or BB VS UTG open raises. The term 'unknown' means we dont have enough hand history with a player.

thanks.
      If poker would be just default go-broke ranges then it would be too easy, don't you think? But practically the easiest ranges what I'd 3bet for value vs unknown will be really small. Depending really on my expectations not just "we don't have information". I am never going to table just to play but as well I am paying attention on the opponent what kind of opponent he is and how he does play. So practically KK+ is easy go broke. Something like JJ-QQ is dependent on the expectations and of course the same goes for AK. You don't have to always 3bet since 4bet ranges of the opponents usually will be rather strong and at the best for us it's a coinflip.

Which means that you don't have to always 3bet but you can as well just call and play postflop.