$12.10
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.32
      CO:
      $10.45
      BU:
      $25.22

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU raises to $0.90, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BU calls $1.60.

Flop: ($5.15) 7, 9, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.20, Hero raises to $7.82

The villain is a 41/34 LAG over 111 hands with AF of 4.8. He does have a 3-bet percentage of 15% over around 60 samples and he 3-bet me like 4 out of 5 times I open. I 4-bet him previously and he folds.

I didn't just 4-bet shove with AKo oop because I was thinking that he would probably shove over me with a large part of his range given that he seemed very aggressive. My sizing is a bit small though I would normally 4-bet to like 3 dollars for value, but I guess I was trying to bluff induce.

When he just call pre, I put him on some sort of middle-low suited aces and middle-low pairs. When the flop comes, I figured it's not a very good board to cbet on especially since his fold to cbet is 20%. I don't think he'll a 9 or 77 very often for a set, so he either has ace-high or small pairs and he'll probably if I check since he's so aggressive. So, I decided to check-raise shove because the pot is huge and I don't want to fold the top of my range against a maniac.

With two overs and a backdoor flush draw, I thought that I should have decent equity against his range. I didn't realize that I would give him almost 1:4 to call though, so now I'm not sure whether this was a good move.

Regards.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nobode,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

What about all the sample you have on him? What about fold to 4bet?

Also I'd most likely still 4bet a bit bigger being OOP. But as we continue usually such a flat-call is rather stronger move and I'd watch out. Depending on his overall image I might even Check/Fold right on flop without knowing how loosely he can flat-call like that.

Best Regards.
    • nobode
      nobode
      Bronze
      Hello!

Thanks for your reply, veriz! I only have 2 sample for his fold to 4bet stat which is 50% and the one time was against me in these exact positions one orbit ago. At the time, I figure he would be defending here lighter since I 4bet him 2 times in a row. I did thought he would just shove most of his 3betting range since he's so loose and aggressive. When he called, tbh I was a bit confused on the flop.

He is the most aggressive on the table postflop though, and he raises my cbet and 2-barrels a couple of times. His AF is 7.0 on the flop and 4.8 on the turn. His Went to Showdown is 22%, but he only win 33% of the time so I figured he bluffed quite a bit. I really can't quite put him on a certain 4bet-calling range here, though.

Also, do you think just a 4bet shove p/f ever a good idea?

Regards.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Also, do you think just a 4bet shove p/f ever a good idea?

Why shouldn't it be if we expect him to play really loose preflop with his 3bet ranges. He most likely even has worse Ax hands in his 3betting range.

Although overall I wouldn't really be very happy in those spots to go broke postflop without even hitting. Most likely his flatting range may as well even be strong, towards to made hands. For that kind of reason I might even just Check/Fold as you said you don't have much of information about his overall call ranges. Could also take into account fold to 3bet stats.

He has to be really loose to Call your 4bet with a lot worse here.
    • nobode
      nobode
      Bronze
      His fold to 3bet is 60% although not a very big sample size. I guess my entire reasoning that I think he's light here is because he's been attacking me since he sat down, and I was a bit annoyed. :P

I guess the best move here is to just change the table so that I don't have a 40/30 to my left so I can just avoid all the headaches. :f_mad:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nobode
      His fold to 3bet is 60% although not a very big sample size. I guess my entire reasoning that I think he's light here is because he's been attacking me since he sat down, and I was a bit annoyed. :P

I guess the best move here is to just change the table so that I don't have a 40/30 to my left so I can just avoid all the headaches. :f_mad:
      Well, another option would be to just wait for a hand. :) Which is made hand and not just A high. Against maniac = tighten up.
    • nobode
      nobode
      Bronze
      Alright, I appreciate your help, veriz. :) I guess after trying to tighten up against this guy I was too happy to see AKo and overplayed it a bit. Have to adjust to the guy better so he'll be a very good source of chips. :f_p:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nobode
      Alright, I appreciate your help, veriz. :) I guess after trying to tighten up against this guy I was too happy to see AKo and overplayed it a bit. Have to adjust to the guy better so he'll be a very good source of chips. :f_p:
      Well, the common mistake what is done is to play against maniac -> maniac style. People just don't adjust and trying to overplay the maniac.