Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $10
      Hero:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:club:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, CO folds, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) A:heart: , 9:diamond: , 5:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.85) J:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.1, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.85

What do you think to a check behind on the turn to induce the bluff?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pilks7,

Nah, I'd still bet there to protect my hand. But of course there is also an option to Check behind and might even get called looser. On those limits they pay anyways pretty loosely so it's not wrong if you even do bet there.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      @veriz: is there any point in hero 3betting pre here since villain seems tight and passive and we just isolate against ourselves against better, or would you prefer to just call and give it unimproved or maybe check raise bluff some dry boards if villain is cbetting a lot?
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Check behind on turn is stupid, what do you do if a 3 diamond fall on the river?
      You wont get any action from worse and if he bets your most likely behind.

I would bet way bigger on turn atleast 1.5 euro
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      @veriz: is there any point in hero 3betting pre here since villain seems tight and passive and we just isolate against ourselves against better, or would you prefer to just call and give it unimproved or maybe check raise bluff some dry boards if villain is cbetting a lot?
      Nah, I wouldn't really 3bet while the opponent is even some kind of tight. Our hand might be too strong of course to just flat but at the same time our hand might be not so good to go broke vs his 4bet range.
    • Pilks7
      Pilks7
      Bronze
      As he was tight I figured his range included a lot of weaker Ax combinations, and therefore I could hit jackpot with an ace on the flop.

@heffron: To be honest I'm not too worried about a back-door flush? If he was calling the flop with two suits on the flop already, I would be much less inclined to give the free card.
      And, of course, I'll get action from weaker aces, and possibly even Jx, and maybe KK/QQ

Thanks for all of your inputs