[NL2-NL10] nl5 - QJo vs ???

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Thoughts?

Figured this would be the strongest way to play my draw on the flop.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $7.4
      MP2:
      $13.67

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , J:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.45) T:spade: , 9:club: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.80, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.35
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop: With one limper + being OOP, I'd raise bigger ~$0,30 even.
      Postflop: Don't like the Check/Raise at all. Why should we even Check/Raise here? Why not just to CB. You might even not have much fold equity against his hands and at the same time you can't continue if he decides to 3bet or did you plan to play for the stacks?

Best Regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Not loving it if I get re-raised, that is worst case scenario. I have decent equity with overcards too but playing for stacks doesn't seem very appealing, flipping if I'm lucky.

Usually most villians do have a certain amount of fold equity vs a raise, much more so than vs a standard CB.

However in this case I kind of agree as its not great if he calls us as we are out of position. I like it quite a bit in position as the raise pretty much buys us a free card on the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      Not loving it if I get re-raised, that is worst case scenario. I have decent equity with overcards too but playing for stacks doesn't seem very appealing, flipping if I'm lucky.

Usually most villians do have a certain amount of fold equity vs a raise, much more so than vs a standard CB.

However in this case I kind of agree as its not great if he calls us as we are out of position. I like it quite a bit in position as the raise pretty much buys us a free card on the turn.
      If you CB you will still gain fold equity and of course if he even decides to raise it's very likely that we are able to continue here vs such an opponent who doesn't understand the odds at all.

And of course don't try to bluff a station. ;)