Security token

• awesomeo
      awesomeo
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've been thinking about getting security token myself. Do you use them and how do they work? I couldn't get all the information I needed from the description in the PS Store. I figured only that the token "works" for limited amount of time (amount of passwords or whatever) and after that you need to get another one. My question is how long the token lasts or what its duration depends on?

Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      The RSA tokens I use at work have a lifetime of about 4-5 years.

Basically RSA works in such that it generates a new code every 60 seconds, and this is synced to their servers based on the serialnumber of your token, so you'll need to punch in the current code for any action requiring the secruity token to be used.

Any specific questions you have though, I can try to answer, complete documentation of these tokens would take too long to write however. :(

Regards,
      Richard
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      It should work for at least 3 years (at least that is said on stars website), mine has expire date in 2017 tho, so it could be even longer.

Definitely worth the smallish amount of FPP you have to spend for it.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Its works for a couple of years, not sure how many. The number of passwords you read about is 20 passwords that you get with your security token. Those passwords work one time each for the case you lose your token so you can log in to order a new one and then use those while you wait for a new one or disable the token.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello awesomeo,

Definitely worth buying, I am daily using MB one and I do like it. You can use the password + have a security token code which makes it even safer. Of course if you only have like $50 on your account that it's not that big thing, but as long you are Diamond I expect you have a lot more there. :)

* Buy It *

Best Regards.
    • awesomeo
      awesomeo
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answers, guys :) Ordered one and now waiting :)
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      security token is a must wherever you play (but only stars has a reasonable one, and FTP used to have) also for moneybookers its a must buy.. try to keep it at a cool place, the warmer it is the less lifetime it has.