UTG ($11.29)
      UTG+1 ($10.39)
      UTG+2 ($4)
      MP1 ($11.98)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($2.33)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, MP1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.55, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.45

FLOP ($1.35) 9:heart: 5:diamond: 4:heart:

MP1 bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

TURN ($2.75) 9:heart: 5:diamond: 4:heart: T:diamond:

MP1 bets $2.75, Hero??

Villain played 47/7 agr 1.7 over 677 hands

I feel very uncertain how to play TT and JJ as a overpair on drawy boards

should I raise him on the flop or the turn for protection? or just call him down? the board is quite scary because there are so many card that could give him a better hand than mine
  • 2 replies
    • Heffron89
      I would reraise him and try get it in on flop as he will probably stack of with any draw/combo draw which we are ahead against.
    • veriz
      Hello yayasarika,

Well, that's the problem here with raising on the flop. Do we really want to take such a risky spot where we might easily isolate against 2pairs/sets. Of course he has a lot of 9x hands in his range but I guess taking rather passive line might sometimes pay off more.

But obviously it shouldn't be that wrong if you raise here but then you also should have the plan to go broke. You have already on him 677 hands which should be good enough to understand his donking rang and if he would be overplaying just TPs in those spots? What about his donking overall? What could it mean? Draws/9x? Strong made hands? Since were PFA then he could easily just Check/Call and play passively with TP type of holdings.

For that given reason I don't even mind to take passive line here if you don't have good information on him here. But the real question is if we can really continue on turn. Against that kind of bet size on flop and then betting pot on turn we are usually behind and therefore while we haven't invested much into the pot I might even make the crying fold, we wont be able to Call the river anyways that easily.

Best Regards.