UTG: $2.00
      Hero (UTG+1): $2.42
      MP: $2.00
      MP+1: $1.96
      LP: $0.95 vp 12/pf 6/af NA/3b 0/h 17
      CO: $2.10

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:heart: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, LP calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.28, Hero raises to $2.42 and is all-in ???

Hi veriz,

BB's got 15(3bet), so I thought I have a good chance against him, so at first my plan is to call here. However I don't want to get squeezed by MP3, and since MP3's only got less than 50bb I decided to ship it right away. Is this okay, or just plain stupid?

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Well, you ain't gonna do very good against his 3bet here. Don't take only into account his 3bet but also VPIP/PFR and then hands and then table dynamics and then the 3bet. :> Doubt he is really doing very loosely the 3bet here but rather with stronger hand. For us at the best we will face something like AK which is a flip.

At the best in this kind of situation where he is even doing such a small raise I might just flat vs him while we are almost getting 15:1 here for set mining odds. But the problem in that is that you most likely gonna overplay your overpair. :(

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Yup, I'd probably gonna overplay JJ :(

Flat is call right? If we got squeezed by MP3, is folding ok? Oh yeah, what is table dynamics?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Flat is call right?

Yes, while you can even set-mine for the given odds.

If we got squeezed by MP3, is folding ok?

Depends on different actions. How many callers? Who is squeezing? What kind stack does he have? How has he been playing earlier?

Oh yeah, what is table dynamics?

Will tell you overall the table information and information how the opponent played early hands and of course how you did play and etc.