This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 88 best value line NL10

• Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) IPoker
      SB ($9.40)
      Hero ($20.78)
      UTG ($10)
      CO ($18.04)
      BTN ($14.45)

Dealt to Hero 8:heart: 8:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.65) 7:club: 8:diamond: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.45) 7:club: 8:diamond: 7:diamond: 5:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.08, Hero raises to $3.80, BTN calls $2.72

RIVER ($9.05) 7:club: 8:diamond: 7:diamond: 5:club: J:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

Question is, is this the best value line? Against a suspect reg.

I feel on turn i only rep flush draw tbh as everything else defends the flop and if he calls he has the flush draw as well. Then check hoping he stabs river?

What if i were to check raise flop, how often are overcards calling and what might shove.?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wacko118,

Well, depends on the opponent. Against those who don't CBet that much I might even just donk the flop. But as played it depends a lot on the opponent we are against. Do you think he is capable of continuing the turn 2nd barrel while a draw completes? Hardly will continue with Check/Raise unless he is loose.

One option would be to donk the turn but of course Check/Raising the turn is fine but then I'd definitely bet myself on the river to avoid him taking pot control while a draw completed.

Plus of course Check/Raising right on flop might be even better idea where more overpairs will pay.

Best Regards.