MP: $10.21
      MP+1: $8.99
      LP: $5.70
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $14.94
      Hero (SB): $10.00

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10, CO posts DB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.25) Hero has A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.95, fold, MP calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10, 2 players) Q:heart: T:diamond: 8:club:
      Hero bets $1.50, MP raises to $3.00, HERO ??
      fold

I want to laugh when I see this hand, seriously but I think that I made good decision. KK he would have shiped preflop, QQ, JJ, TT, 99, 88 and maybe AQo would have been calling. From this list of hands I think JJ, 99 we can delete. So only QQ, TT, 88 could have played in this way but I his calling range was also AQs so if I had folded it against AQs I'm a little stupid :)
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, against those type of players I don't even mind shipping it here. He might even sometimes overplay JJ as well while think he has an PP+GS. Plus of course he also has maybe even KQ/AQ in his calling range while doesn't seem to be really good player. Guess I'd just go broke here but obviously it ain't a huge problem if you even didn't and don't expect him to have such a range.

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      :facepalm: Are sure that this kind of player doesn't have in his range sets?
      In my opinion, he had. He was so excited that he floped set that he push bottom mini re-raise he wasn't aware of this that it was 3B pot and I would pay him off with his set. It was so weird.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      :facepalm: Are sure that this kind of player doesn't have in his range sets?
      In my opinion, he had. He was so excited that he floped set that he push bottom mini re-raise he wasn't aware of this that it was 3B pot and I would pay him off with his set. It was so weird.
      Well, of course he has also sets in his range. But as I said my expectations are towards as well him even capable of playing maybe KQ/AQ and maybe even QJ this way. According his VPIP and fold to 3bet we could assume that. At least AQ/KQs is in his range. For example:

Board: Q:heart: T:diamond: 8:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    44.85%  44.05%   0.80% { QQ-TT, 88, AQs, KQs, AQo }
      UTG+1  55.15%  54.34%   0.80% { AdAs }

But of course. If you rarely doubt that he would play those hands this way then sure Bet/Folding is an option. While we block some Aces it's still the chance that he has one of them as well with AQ.

You have already on him that much hands. Was he usually raising the same amount?
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I haven't noticed what betting habit he has. 279 hands isn't much so he was a little unknown for me.
    • nobode
      nobode
      Bronze
      His raise/calling range preflop is probably consist of broadways and pocket pairs. He also seems to be aggressive postflop so his range for raising the flop could be quite wide here and have a lot of draws and top pairs and some random pairs. Unless you have specific reads or tells that he would only do this with two pairs+, I'd say just ship it here, you're going to be ahead enough against his range for this to be profitable. Of course, if he shows a set, it's gonna suck, but it's one of those 'so be it' situation.

Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      OK I fucked up. I made a mistake with stats. For fuck sakes.
      I'm analyzing again this hand in PT3 and I noticed that I pasted wrong stats.

Our opponent was unknown:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, most likely I'd still consider going broke. Right now it doesn't look like he is a very good player either. :D Min-Raise preflop already. He may easily have just Qx hands in his range as well there. I am still planning to play for the stacks. We can't put him on just sets only.