[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AQo

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      my main question is about my preflop play, UTG is 24/17/47FT3b.
      Is AQo a hand i should be 3betting more in position against an opponent who doesnt seem to fold to a lot of 3bets? or better to call and play against his weaker range? but as played BB is 44/7/28WTS so i think theres a lot worse in his range that can call turn, so i bet for free SD, when he raises i definately have to fold

Stacks:
      UTG meeark ($11.81)
      UTG+1 catalanotto ($11.43)
      CO Hero ($10)
      BTN PabloPokeer ($10.01)
      SB shagdidz ($20.52)
      BB ROU III ($7.14)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO A:diamond: Q:heart:
      meeark raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, ROU III calls $0.30

Flop: 4:heart: A:club: J:heart: ($1.25, 3 players)
      ROU III checks, meeark checks, Hero bets $0.90, ROU III calls $0.90, meeark folds

Turn: 10:heart: ($3.05, 2 players)
      ROU III checks, Hero bets $1.95, ROU III raises to $3.90, Hero folds

Final Pot: $8.90

ROU III wins $8.56 (net +$3.36)

Hero lost $3.25
      meeark lost $0.40
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

Preflop: Not to invite any other people behind us to join with the pot I'd just 3bet here and most likely fold to any further action.

As played
      Postflop: I wouldn't really bet the turn while a draw even completed. How many worse hands will pay you?

Best Regards.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Thanks veriz :)
      regarding the preflop play, if the blinds were very tight and you were BU, would you consider flatting the open? or still prefer a 3b IP? i wanted to 3b but thought it might be a bit marginal as UTG was only opening 17% so might not call worse.
      Also, would you flat AQo from the BB vs this UTG open? or prefer to 3b?
      Thanks again
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      regarding the preflop play, if the blinds were very tight and you were BU, would you consider flatting the open?

Flatting isn't wrong if we expect the guy to as well maybe even open with worse Ax hands. With with 3bet our plan is anyways to 3bet/Fold and we might just put ourselves into marginal spots. But usually from earlier positions than BU we face more people behind us who can Call and AQo will be rather weak hand.

Also, would you flat AQo from the BB vs this UTG open? or prefer to 3b?

Depends of course on your postflop skills and etc, but most likely it's considerable if you are just against UTG. If rather for example against 2 opponents then rather Squeeze/Fold.