[NL2-NL10] NL2 4bet from CU.!

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      BB

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.18, Hero raises to $0.55, BB calls $0.37.

Flop: ($1.11) K:club: , J:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.74, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.11

Im not sure if i made the correct deciosions here.?
      The reason i 4 bet here ,is because i have a strong hand obv , but also i steal alot from the cut off , and i think the BB knows this and he 3 bets me light , so rather than call and let him maybe hit a better flop then me , (coz i still only have ace hign) , i decide to 4 bet and hope fully he folds .!
      Anyway he called and i hit the flop strong so i bet.!
      Did i play this correct or should i have just called his 3 bet , and was my betting out of position ok.?
      edit : actually ill be honest i 4 bet aswell for more information , as i thought he was tight and could of had poket aces , if he shoved i was thinking of folding , (wich i wouldnt of done) as i dont mind a coin flip but i like to wate a bit till im up more .
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey LoKKK,

I certainly want to get it all-in preflop because with AK, we tend to miss the flop around 60% of the times so seeing 5 cards is better than 3 :)

Calling preflop is never never the right play here so it is either fold with your AK on his3bet or get it all-in

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      was hoping u would of sed that
      thanx.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LoKKK
      was hoping u would of sed that
      thanx.
      :f_thumbsup: Good to see you are on the right track then!
      Looking forward to see some more hands from you whenever you have any doubt!
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      can i just ask u one more thing coach .?

Ive started trying to balance my 3 bets , and its been working ok , although when i thought about it , i wasnt really sure what my actuall CALLING range should be .!

probably a stupid question as it depends on villain 's 3 beting range i supose,
      is the answer maybe , to mostly fold to a 3 bet (unless ur very deep) or 4 bet for value or 4 bet light.? and maybe call hands that have good equity , which are also probably gonna be strongert than villains 3beting range.(if i think he's 3beting light).

Geting slightly confused now, ignore that if it deosnt make sense , but if u could try and explain a 3 beting calling range in your words would be brilliant .
      Thanx. :)