This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 4bet from CU.!

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      BB

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.18, Hero raises to $0.55, BB calls $0.37.

Flop: ($1.11) K:club: , J:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.74, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.11

Im not sure if i made the correct deciosions here.?
      The reason i 4 bet here ,is because i have a strong hand obv , but also i steal alot from the cut off , and i think the BB knows this and he 3 bets me light , so rather than call and let him maybe hit a better flop then me , (coz i still only have ace hign) , i decide to 4 bet and hope fully he folds .!
      Anyway he called and i hit the flop strong so i bet.!
      Did i play this correct or should i have just called his 3 bet , and was my betting out of position ok.?
      edit : actually ill be honest i 4 bet aswell for more information , as i thought he was tight and could of had poket aces , if he shoved i was thinking of folding , (wich i wouldnt of done) as i dont mind a coin flip but i like to wate a bit till im up more .
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey LoKKK,

I certainly want to get it all-in preflop because with AK, we tend to miss the flop around 60% of the times so seeing 5 cards is better than 3 :)

Calling preflop is never never the right play here so it is either fold with your AK on his3bet or get it all-in

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      was hoping u would of sed that
      thanx.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LoKKK
      was hoping u would of sed that
      thanx.
      :f_thumbsup: Good to see you are on the right track then!
      Looking forward to see some more hands from you whenever you have any doubt!
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      can i just ask u one more thing coach .?

Ive started trying to balance my 3 bets , and its been working ok , although when i thought about it , i wasnt really sure what my actuall CALLING range should be .!

probably a stupid question as it depends on villain 's 3 beting range i supose,
      is the answer maybe , to mostly fold to a 3 bet (unless ur very deep) or 4 bet for value or 4 bet light.? and maybe call hands that have good equity , which are also probably gonna be strongert than villains 3beting range.(if i think he's 3beting light).

Geting slightly confused now, ignore that if it deosnt make sense , but if u could try and explain a 3 beting calling range in your words would be brilliant .
      Thanx. :)