[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AJo in the SB

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Was I wrong to 3bet? Could I have just called? or should I just have folded rather than play OOP

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.72
      CO:
      $5.18

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , J:spade:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.20, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.62, BB folds, CO calls $0.42.

Flop: ($1.29) J:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.86, CO calls $0.86.

Turn: ($3.01) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, CO raises to $3.70 (All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $7.01
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Preflop: Against that kind of PFR there is no point to 3bet. While his continue range will hardly dominate your and only better Ax hands will continue.

As played
      Postflop: Well, that's the problem with such a board. Most likely you J as a pair wont be really good here. Unless he has something like AK. But while he could easily even trap you with his Call. One option would be to just bet weak on every street and then would be also possible to Bet/Fold it. While it's anyways a 3bet pot and the bet sizes wont matter that much and while he wont have the FD so often.

But yeah, overall you shouldn't 3bet in first place, especially against such an opponent. Doubt that his steal is from CO that wide.

Best Regards.