[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh Aj, Tp

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hello!

I steal-raised AJ from the SB and get a call from the player who called and raised me alot and was really aggressive in that session, preflop and postflop. On the flop I got a TP and standardly continued betting. The turn brought 2nd Q and he minraised my cbet. I was thinking about 3-bet, but then he would fold everything but Qx.. So I decided to call and check/call the river if the bet was in reasonable size.. Since he bet almost a pot, I folded..

BB: 19/15/79/11/42/44/2,85/1,4K (VPIP/PFR/FvST/CvST/FvFCB/FvTCB/AF/H)

$0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($5.54)
      CO ($4.20)
      BTN ($4.15)
      Alleen86 (SB) ($5.17)
      BB ($6.53)

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 5 players) Alleen86 is SB A:diamond: J:heart:
      3 folds, Alleen86 raises to $0.16, BB calls $0.12

Flop: A:spade: 9:club: Q:heart: ($0.30, 2 players)
      Alleen86 bets $0.19, BB calls $0.19

Turn: Q:club: ($0.68, 2 players)
      Alleen86 bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Alleen86 calls $0.40

River: 3:spade: ($2.28, 2 players)
      Alleen86 checks, BB bets $2, Alleen86 folds

Final Pot: $4.28

BB wins $4.15 (net +$0.96)

Alleen86 lost $1.15
  • 2 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Figured id give my opinion here, since it seemed kinda interesting.

Raise preflop is standard in my opinion, cbet also, perhaps make the cbet a couple BB bigger since it hits his preflop calling range quite hard (Ax hands, some gutshot broadways, Qx, JT are continuing against us most of the time, even if we bet higher than you did). Vs the turn reraise I would range the opponent something like 99,AQs+,A9s,KQs,QTs+,AQo+,A9o,KQo,QJo.
      That range is something you only have 17% equity against, so I would ditch it on the turn. Even if the opponent has been overly aggressive in a lot of previous hands I really dont think we ever have the equity to call in that spot, particularly since I believe the opponent would be betting most river cards in that way, something we cant really call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alleen86,

Well, I'd still CBet it bigger here than make such a small bet which could induce him to raise you, ~$0,24 would be mine.

As played otherwise and with your reads it's fine to Call for the given raise if you expect him sometimes as well even to bluff there or obviously even have weaker Ax hands. But if he even would be rather passive player then I might even just fold it right on turn to avoid any marginal call-downs on river.

Best Regards.