Stack
      UTG2:
      $108,8
      MP1:
      $88,9
      Hero:
      $64,5

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $1,75, MP1 raises to $6,00, 3 folds, Hero calls $6,00, 3 folds.

I have position and MP3 seems like some sort of 3B maniac (3B = 13%) from what i have seen so far. (af doesn't reflect it over samplesize)

Flop: ($14,50) 8:heart: , 3:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $8, MP1 raises to $21,75, Hero calls $13,75.

After his c/r which doesn't make much sense anyway i had to decide if he could play like this with weaker hands.
      There are alot of lower pairs then mine and he always c/r in 3B pots so far so i decided to just call und let him bet everything later since i don't want to scare away his bluffs.

Turn: ($58,00) 5:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $40,5, Hero calls $36,75 (All-In), MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($131,50) 9:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $131,50
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Once you get to the flop you´re likely should not fold consider his wide 3-bet range.
      board: 8h3h2c
      Hand Equity Wins Ties
      QQ 74.49% 585,621 5,670
      13% 25.51% 198,729 5,670

Not sure how much he has there random air that he would fold to the shove, but he can easily have there flushdraws, so I think I´d would personally shove before Ah comes on the turn and either freezes action to the JJ/TT hands or make him better hand giving me 2 outs.
      Taking down close to 100bb pot postflop can´t really be the bad play even if he was bluffing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Don't like the idea of to continue on the flop. Overall he isn't even that aggressive with just rather passive line. Plus obviously I'd take into account his CB overall here. Depending on that I'd act as well. But practically when such maniacs pick such a line it's often a very strong hand. He will rarely bluff while being so deep. I'd just Bet/Fold it actually on flop.

If he really wanted to make us fold any hands, then why didn't he just CB? Also what about his flop CB?

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Hi,

Normal CB: 60 (5), 3B pot CB: 33 (3)

I know the samplesize is not huge and if i haven't seen him play very unorthodox 2-3 hands just bevor i wouldn't call. But i watched every hand on this table since i just started FR50.
      And thx for evaluating, if i decided to get everything in rather already do it on the flop on this board.

Won the hand btw ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by chocular77
      Hi,

Normal CB: 60 (5), 3B pot CB: 33 (3)

I know the samplesize is not huge and if i haven't seen him play very unorthodox 2-3 hands just bevor i wouldn't call. But i watched every hand on this table since i just started FR50.
      And thx for evaluating, if i decided to get everything in rather already do it on the flop on this board.

Won the hand btw ;)
      But well, you didn't mention anything about that. :) And without the information I am not playing for the stacks anyways vs his line. With low PPs he would most likely protect them, unless he is really turning them into bluff.

Well, if you want to continue on the flop then you should just flat since you are putting him on bluff. Rather flat him and let him continue with the bluffs on the turn.

And neither we don't know your image on the table. Have you been playing back at him or why should he ever pick this kind of line with bluffs? Since that's the only hand what we beat.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze

But well, you didn't mention anything about that. :) And without the information I am not playing for the stacks anyways vs his line. With low PPs he would most likely protect them, unless he is really turning them into bluff.
      Should try to include such informations into my posting since they are the reason i didn't play standard.

[QUOTE]
      Well, if you want to continue on the flop then you should just flat since you are putting him on bluff. Rather flat him and let him continue with the bluffs on the turn.[/quote]Ok, then my thoughtprocess was correct.

[QUOTE]
      And neither we don't know your image on the table. Have you been playing back at him or why should he ever pick this kind of line with bluffs? Since that's the only hand what we beat.[/quote]Puh, it's already some days ago so i can't say it exactly. Would be easy to write the perfect condition here, but i will take a look in my HEM:
      In the hour we played together on the table he saw me:
      1. get big pot with TPTK against fish
      2. 3B with KK against SS
      3.(20 mins bevor) 3B him from SB (AQ, flopped 2pair on AKQ) made a standard cbet which he called and bet 3/5 on turn while we were deep, he folded turn.
      4. (4mins bevor) fold to a BB 3B from him

Saw him c/r once with trips with no init on flop. + he started to raise alot preflop.

So he didn't played that unorthodox, just turned really aggressive (preflop, AF is low since i didn't got much hands postflop from him so far).