[NL20-NL50] FR50 - sp set on river

• chocular77
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:diamond: , T:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1,75, CO raises to $3,00, 3 folds, Hero calls $1,25.

This flop is just perfect for my set. But the cbet size is not perfect so i decided to just call since it really looked weak.

Flop: ($6,75) A:club: , T:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1,5, Hero calls $1,50.

Worst case happens and i bet out to get value from flushdraws. Can't fold to raise since i got alot of outs even if he has flush.

Turn: ($9,75) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6,5, CO raises to $26,50 (All-In), Hero calls $20,00.

River: ($62,75) Q:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $62,75

Should i just raise flop since it contains a flushdraw and he either has an Ace or not?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20

I think you played fine. He can always have there AxKc (Qc) that he would shove knowing not to do on the turn, so you can´t get away and if he has there AA you can always suck out hitting your flush :)

If you think he is bluffing turn then I think c/c flop is fine. You really don´t afraid too many turn cards and can always c/r turn.
    • veriz
      Hello chocular77,

As we already discussed the hand I'd say the opposite, it's not fine to play this way the hand. Very standard spot to Check/Raise the flop for value. If he has an Ace or any draw he is going to pay. If he doesn't have any hand he wont pay you anyways!

Best Regards.