NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.38)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($3.51)
      UTG+1 ($10.90)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($10.78)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.80) 6:spade: Q:club: Q:spade:

SB checks, Hero?

SB's stats,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi,

Do you cbet this Flop? If yes, and villain calls then fold to any bet on Turn or River?

thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Well, I wouldn't raise in first place against him. :) We might just isolate against better Ax hands here.

As played, if he is rather passive guy then most likely I'd Check behind. Doubt that he will fold any PPs there. Only hope is to make him fold something like AK or whatsoever. But as I said I wouldn't 3bet in first place preflop.

What you gonna achieve with the CB on flop? Most likely you beat anyways most of the hands with your Ace high, you just trying to force him not taking stabs on you.

Best Regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello JHTAN,

Well, I wouldn't raise in first place against him. :) We might just isolate against better Ax hands here.

As played, if he is rather passive guy then most likely I'd Check behind. Doubt that he will fold any PPs there. Only hope is to make him fold something like AK or whatsoever. But as I said I wouldn't 3bet in first place preflop.

What you gonna achieve with the CB on flop? Most likely you beat anyways most of the hands with your Ace high, you just trying to force him not taking stabs on you.

Best Regards.
      Hi veriz,

how do you play postflop if we call preflop? fit or fold?
      what range will you call preflop? any suited Ax?

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      how do you play postflop if we call preflop? fit or fold?

Well, if I would start typing all the boards, opponents, stacks, CBets what I am going to play back or what not then I guess it's gonna take forever here. :) You kinda must have a specific plan on the hand and understand against what ranges you are ahead and not. As you see he hasn't been even CBetting much so it could easily mean that he is just giving up the flop if not hit.

what range will you call preflop? any suited Ax?

Also, I would advice to read some articles from PokerStrategy. Although you don't have Platinum rank but most likely Gold should be also enough, there should be some good articles around. If am again telling you one range here then it might work for one opponent but not another one. :) Depends a lot of factors, steal/CBs/WTSD. But mainly broadways and not just any Ax suited ones.