Stack
      BB:
      $47,66
      MP1:
      $22,65
      Hero:
      $49,8

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,50, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $2,25, 3 folds, BB calls $1,75, MP1 calls $1,75.

Flop: ($7,00) T:club: , 9:heart: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $5, BB folds, MP1 raises to $20,40 (All-In), Hero calls $15,40.

I know this player from FR25 and he plays reasonable.
      With stats of 12/8 an PF limp/call and c/r on flop he should have pretty much exactly 66.
      I didn't thought clearly about the situation (maybe got tired) and thought that the potodds are very good and he can even have a weaker pp (JJ,QQ). But i didn't thought about preflop, 1 second after i called it shoots in my head: "He limp/called" and i knew i made a mistake against this player.

Stopped playing some Minutes later since i realized with this hand i wasn't on my A game anymore. And thats not a good start into a higher limit.

Turn: ($47,80) 3:heart:
      River: ($47,80) K:club: (2 players)

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (9s 9c)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Kh Kd)

Final Pot: $47,80
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you get too good odds postflop to play for stacks against 40bb limper. Sure he can have there set, but if he limps also with Axs hands or QJ or Txh I think he would play the same way, so you shouldn´t put him directly on sets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

That's the problem with those mid-stacks. They will rarely limp just some Tx hands here. It will be towards PPs most often, I'd Bet/Fold it here while even being in multiway pot. :) We haven't invested that much that we are forced to play for the stacks. We still need to be ahead here for ~33% of cases, do you think we do that? :) Way too many hands beat us.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Thx for the feedback.

I think your both right, the decisive factor is just the opponent.
      I just get very good odds and i can't always just fold since i will ahead often enough. And thats exactly what i thought in this situation.

But in this case it really depends how good i know the player, and i know this player doesn't limp with things like QJ,Axs in early position (his stats show this aswell 12/8). But i didn't paid attention for his preflop action. Don't really know why he plays with a medium stack, thats not typical for him (maybe lost previous hand and EVP got no autorebuy).

I normally can already get away from such hands. But because i didn't (didn't handread back to pf) i knew that i have to stop for this day since i wouldn't play like this with my A game.