Pincell career

• Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hi there,
      My name is Marek, I'm 19 years old and I'm from Slovakia.

"I want to win" - this always has been my motto. I want to be first in everything what I'm doing.I dont care if it is sport,logical games or something else.

When i was younger i used to play chess but i found out that it's very boring.There is no risk implemented.So I and my friends started to play card game named 5 card draw.We played for fruit,vegetable(don't laugh :-D ).

Then i started to play basketball and I was very good at it but i couldn't play it any longer because of health problems.So i had to find new game.And finally my friend showed me one about six months ago.I was enjoying party and girls at his place,when he and his friends started to play poker.I sat down,changed 5$ into chips and I started to play.This was my first poker game and after one hour I was broke.I have been hooked since that day.I borrowed some books from that friend (Super system,Harrington on holdem etc.),read them and started to play online for play chips.I was good at it so i decided to give it a shot and deposited 20$ to PokerStars.It was gone in four days( 20$ is about 5 hours of student's work in my country).And then i found PokerStrategy,registered,read the articles,passed the quiz and got 50$ (thanks for support by the way).I started to play Sit'n'Go's at FullTiltPoker but after few days of playing i was even.So i started to play against bankroll management (BIG stack strategy on NL10,NL25,NL30(deep) and I was at 321$ yesterday.

But today was a horrible day.Some bad beats,bad calls and I'm on 150$ and on tilt.Now i know why bankroll management is so important.I don't think I'm bad player but i have one big problem.I can't fold good hands.I studied my games and saw that I lost most of that money with bad calls with good hands (for examle Top two pair vs. set,TPTK vs.set etc.).When I was playing that hands my instincts told me:"he has it,fold it" but i wasn't listening.Is there any way how to practice this?I know when I'm beat but i can't fold it down.

Anyway, I'm moving to SSS on NL10 and I hope that at the end of the March I'll have bankroll for BSS on NL10.

So my aims are (end of the March):
      -Build my bankroll to at least 200$ and start to play BSS on NL10
      -Learn how to fold good hand
      -Give more space to my insincts
      -Trust my reads and play good

P.S.:I won my home league today :D First place after 10 tournaments with average number of entrants = 7.I won a beautiful poker ring :)

P.S.S.:Sry for my english.I'm not native speaker

I'm looking forward to your reactions :)
  • 26 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Hi there Marek, welcome to PokerStrategy, I hope you enjoy your stay here =)

Nice read man :D

As long as you stick to bankroll management and the SSS you can make your own path successful ;)

Good luck at the tables!
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Nice read, Pincell! :)

I hope that you'll archive all your goals in March.

Good luck & Happy Easter!
      thunderbird56
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I know is hard to fold good hands especially sth like AA KK QQ on flop like 10 7 2.

I set players in two categories. Fishes which will reraise with Q10 for example and good players that will reraise only with set(three of a kind) at at least two pairs.

i lost lots of money that way now i quite know when to push and when to fold:)
    • ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      good luck and congratulations for refreshing strategy (big up! - this is the only way you will move forward sucessfully!)
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hi there:)
      So today was my first day of my "big poker career":D
      I re-read articles about shortstack strategy,made notes,watched videos and then i finally felt ready to start playing.I found out it's not very hard to play SSS.First of all i chose good tables(big avg.pot,lot of big stacks).Then I played SHC and on some tables i stole blinds from short stacks time to time.

I played about 360 hands on six tables and I'm down 85 cents.It's because I got bad beats with aces two times and lose one coinflip with QQ against AK.I can't understand some people.They are throwing away their money and get lucky.But hey!Those are the guys i want to play against when i have good card,aren't they.

So after first day i can tell I'm satisfied with my play.I evaluated my hands and I didn't make a single mistake!!The money went into the pot when i had best hand.

That's all from me:) I'm going to party so i'm not playing poker today again:)

P.S.: I earned 51 FTP so it looks like I'm going to be Silver IronMan:)

EDIT: I'm very comfortable to play SSS at NL10,so I thought about moving to play SSS on NL25 since I have bankroll for it.What do you think about it?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Pincell good to read that you are trying to become a better player :)

If you are actually sure of your SSS game and you know you don't have any large leaks (yes it is possible to have huge leaks playing SSS) you can try moving up to NL25. Otherwise I would simply try adding more NL10 tables, perfecting your game, posting hands, and just getting more comfortable with the strategy- then moving up.

Good luck on building your bankroll :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hi there... i tried SSS on NL10 today...I felt very comfortable...I was playing six tables and i found it's little boring.I can't play my game because I'm shortstack.There is only push/fold.I'm looking forward to switch to BSS where I can use my skill and my moves.

I decided to play SSS on NL10 until monday.Then i will move to SSS on NL25 and try to build my bankroll to about 600-700$.Then I can play BSS on NL25.Hope I will get there until the end of April.The rakeback will help me for sure - it's about 53$ now.

I'm looking forward to get Pokertracker and PAHud license.But there are long hours of play until i get there.

SoyCD: I'm trying to be better player all the time.My dream is to play at big live event like WSOP or EPT,WPT.I know it's hard to get there but i will try.And of course i want photo with my idol Negreanu :rolleyes: :D
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      sounds great.

what's the bankroll at at the moment?
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      And about posting hands.I'm going to post a lot of hands when I switch to BSS.I want to be good.That's why I will take any chance to improve my game.But since I'm playing SSS now I don't feel I have to post my hands.

Something about my private life.Today i beat my friends in card game.I used my poor (it's going to be better) reading skills :P

This friday I'm going to entry live rebuy tournament.It's sattelite for another tournament, which is sattelite for EPT San Remo.Maybe i will qualify and make my dreams real:)
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      My bankroll is 149.0.5$ at the moment
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hi there..so i played about 2-3k hands SSS at NL10 and I'm 18$ down.I don't get it..I play good,don't make mistakes,but my cards are always crushed.Aces vs Rags.King vs Ax.set of queens against backdoor flush.I don't know what to do with it.It's not working.
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      I decided to move to NL25 today.It went good until 500 hands.Then things started to happen.I suffered 3 bad beats in 2 minutes(-3 BI),then played two hours to get it back and then again.This was the last hand of my today's session.

Full Tilt Poker Game #5751076395: Table Rochelle - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:20:07 ET - 2008/03/23
      Seat 1: iheartphilivey ($15.75)
      Seat 2: Pincell2 ($4.15)
      Seat 3: Hawk67 ($35.60)
      Seat 4: sanmarcosrun ($25)
      Seat 5: RockyMD ($19.35)
      Seat 6: DonSG ($43.05)
      Seat 7: Str8HighKid ($25)
      Seat 8: SlickPickle ($13.25)
      Seat 9: zthedog ($26.55)
      sanmarcosrun posts the small blind of $0.10
      RockyMD posts the big blind of $0.25
      The button is in seat #3
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to Pincell2 [As Kd]
      DonSG folds
      Str8HighKid folds
      SlickPickle raises to $0.75
      zthedog folds
      iheartphilivey has 15 seconds left to act
      iheartphilivey calls $0.75
      Pincell2 raises to $4.15, and is all in
      Hawk67 folds
      sanmarcosrun adds $0.10
      sanmarcosrun folds
      RockyMD folds
      SlickPickle raises to $7.55
      iheartphilivey calls $6.80
      *** FLOP *** [Kh 6h 3h]
      SlickPickle bets $5.70, and is all in
      iheartphilivey calls $5.70
      SlickPickle shows [Jh Jc]
      iheartphilivey shows [Td Th]
      Pincell2 shows [As Kd]
      *** TURN *** [Kh 6h 3h] [Qh]
      *** RIVER *** [Kh 6h 3h Qh] [Ac]
      SlickPickle shows a flush, King high
      iheartphilivey shows a flush, King high
      SlickPickle wins the side pot ($17.25) with a flush, King high
      Pincell2 shows two pair, Aces and Kings
      SlickPickle wins the main pot ($12.20) with a flush, King high
      Pincell2 is sitting out
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $31 Main pot $12.80. Side pot $18.20. | Rake $1.55
      Board: [Kh 6h 3h Qh Ac]
      Seat 1: iheartphilivey showed [Td Th] and lost with a flush, King high
      Seat 2: Pincell2 showed [As Kd] and lost with two pair, Aces and Kings
      Seat 3: Hawk67 (button) didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 4: sanmarcosrun (small blind) folded before the Flop
      Seat 5: RockyMD (big blind) folded before the Flop
      Seat 6: DonSG didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 7: Str8HighKid didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 8: SlickPickle showed [Jh Jc] and won ($29.45) with a flush, King high
      Seat 9: zthedog didn't bet (folded)

I can't count how many souckouts i suffered today but it's terrible.I think I'll take a break from poker for a while.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Suckouts are a part of the game. If you ever wan't to be long term succesfull you got to learn how to deal with it. Personally I will take a short break to cool down after a hard beat, and after standard beats I will usually just think it over, take a note and then get on with it.

And SSS is a game of many swings, since you will often be in coinflip situations, but unless you find the dryest of the dry tables you should be able to make a profit over time anyway. Just make sure to stick to BRM, post hands in which you were in doubt and keep focussed while playing.

Best regards,
      Mugge
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hi there.Another 1k session. I'm at 114.15$ right now.It seems SSS is not working for me.
    • ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      omg?

So when I'll have 1k BSS session and'll be one lossing streak I will just say "BSS is not working for me", or rather let's say "poker is not working for me :D :D :D )

no come on, don't give up! You have plenty of people here who made a big poker carrer starting with SSS and a lot more who lost even more playing underrolled...
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pincell
      Hi there.Another 1k session. I'm at 114.15$ right now.It seems SSS is not working for me.
      Good luck building a bankroll , nice read and just remember the luck in poker will change but if your game is good you will end up a winner in the long run
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pincell
      I just say that NL10 is taugh, I myself couldn't beat it playing BSS or SSS but probably the problem was in me. Good luck to you!

Edit: aah, you are playing in Full Tilt, I was talking about PartyPoker (my bad).
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      That's not my style:) I'll sit at tables tomorow and play again.And I'll do this until I have profit.That's how I do things:)
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hi there.
      Another 2-3k hands at NL10 SSS and I'm on 121$ (was at 129$ today morning but some suckouts).I'm moving up slowly,but gaining confidence.I play strictly acording to SHC,steal blinds from shorstacks.It look's good.Sometimes i get suckout,sometimes 4-5 in 5 minutes.And that's the thing.It's good to get suckout from time to time.It keeps you on the earth.I found out that I don't tilt anymore.For example today I didn't won a single pot with AA(5x).My set was second best hand on the river,when that guy went all in on gutshot and catched runner runner flush.After this I realized, that most of the time i will win pots like this,so there is no need to tilt.

Another thing.I found out that when i play in the evenings(about 22:00 PM GMT+1) I win.When I play in afternoon I lose.Maybe it's something with American loose players(no offence).This results are short term so I'll see in a month or so.

So I'm still down,but I guess I'm a little bit more of a poker player.

P.S.: I qualified for BrondzeIronMan(I can still make Silver) and it's good,because I'm quite lazy :D I finally decided to organize my time(poker,school,friends,workout) and it feels good. Love this game :D