This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH JTs

• Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Bronze
      opponent is huge fish 50/30 6.0agg 150+ hands
      should that river show is fine there dont rly know what else can I do if I rase smaller and get reraised.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.77
      BB (Hero):
      $14.75
      MP3:
      $14.21
      CO:
      $10.16
      BU:
      $9.55

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, J.
      MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.3) 4, T, J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.1) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($1.1) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $14.25, MP3 calls $11.71(All-In).

Final Pot: $29.06.

Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of tens(Tc Jc).
      MP3 shows a straight flush, queen high(9s 8s).

MP3 wins with a straight flush, queen high(9s 8s).
  • 2 replies
    • nobode
      nobode
      Bronze
      Depending on other stats on the villain here I might go for a check-raise here against an aggro fish who's the pfr. Not sure though. If he's loose I think the overpot bet sizing is probably fine since he's gonna call you with a lot worse hands whatever the pot size so perhaps best to try to get the most value.

On the turn, I would definitely bet here against a fish to get the most value and definitely fire on the river as well. He's going to call you with a lot hands that you beat. You might want to bet the river a bit bigger, though.

On the river, a shove over his raise is fine. He's so loose and aggressive, he's probably gonna raise/call you with a lot of flushes and straigts and sets. So, I think your play is fine, you just got coolered.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Mopenza,

Well, first of all you should already Bet the turn yourself. :) But as played kinda dumb spot, most likely I'd still bet a bit bigger ~$0,80. But as he raises I doubt that I am getting away.

The question rather is what his overall range can be there. Most likely he may even raise there with a lot of flushes but as well may have QJ or whatsoever hands. For example:

Board: 4:club: T:spade: J:spade:  J:diamond:  Q:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    35.00%  30.00%   5.00% { QJs, JTs, AsKs, AsQs, AsJs, AsTs, As9s, Ks9s, As8s, Ks8s, 9s8s, As7s, Ks7s, As6s, 7s6s, As5s, 6s5s, As4s, As3s, As2s, QJo, JTo }
      UTG+1  65.00%  60.00%   5.00% { JcTc }

As you see against his made flushes, FH and of course made straight flushes it's still considerable to raise. But the question is if he really can have such a wide range? You should have some kind of overview with the 150+ hands.

Although most likely he would have Bet the turn with Jx. So we might even exclude QJ.

Best Regards.