[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH JTs

• Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Bronze
      opponent is huge fish 50/30 6.0agg 150+ hands
      should that river show is fine there dont rly know what else can I do if I rase smaller and get reraised.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.77
      BB (Hero):
      $14.75
      MP3:
      $14.21
      CO:
      $10.16
      BU:
      $9.55

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, J.
      MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.3) 4, T, J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.1) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($1.1) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $14.25, MP3 calls $11.71(All-In).

Final Pot: $29.06.

Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of tens(Tc Jc).
      MP3 shows a straight flush, queen high(9s 8s).

MP3 wins with a straight flush, queen high(9s 8s).
  • 2 replies
    • nobode
      nobode
      Bronze
      Depending on other stats on the villain here I might go for a check-raise here against an aggro fish who's the pfr. Not sure though. If he's loose I think the overpot bet sizing is probably fine since he's gonna call you with a lot worse hands whatever the pot size so perhaps best to try to get the most value.

On the turn, I would definitely bet here against a fish to get the most value and definitely fire on the river as well. He's going to call you with a lot hands that you beat. You might want to bet the river a bit bigger, though.

On the river, a shove over his raise is fine. He's so loose and aggressive, he's probably gonna raise/call you with a lot of flushes and straigts and sets. So, I think your play is fine, you just got coolered.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Mopenza,

Well, first of all you should already Bet the turn yourself. :) But as played kinda dumb spot, most likely I'd still bet a bit bigger ~$0,80. But as he raises I doubt that I am getting away.

The question rather is what his overall range can be there. Most likely he may even raise there with a lot of flushes but as well may have QJ or whatsoever hands. For example:

Board: 4:club: T:spade: J:spade:  J:diamond:  Q:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    35.00%  30.00%   5.00% { QJs, JTs, AsKs, AsQs, AsJs, AsTs, As9s, Ks9s, As8s, Ks8s, 9s8s, As7s, Ks7s, As6s, 7s6s, As5s, 6s5s, As4s, As3s, As2s, QJo, JTo }
      UTG+1  65.00%  60.00%   5.00% { JcTc }

As you see against his made flushes, FH and of course made straight flushes it's still considerable to raise. But the question is if he really can have such a wide range? You should have some kind of overview with the 150+ hands.

Although most likely he would have Bet the turn with Jx. So we might even exclude QJ.

Best Regards.