live

• 4 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Tommy Angelo's book Elements of Poker has some great sections on live cash games and helped me more than anything else - it's not your typical strategy book though.

Strategy is generally the same but with some key adjustments which might be foreign to online players - e.g. the games are so loose pre-flop that the standard opening raises can, and should, be 5x or 6x rather than the usual 3x.

You'll play way more multiway pots, often deep stacked so big pocket pairs/AK go down in value and suited connectors, etc go up in value.

GL!
    • thejugador
      thejugador
      Bronze
      ye Ive noticed that,often happens 5 people limp and all 5 call a raise.alot less bluffing than online Ive seen people going all in with 3rd best hand.I think Ive seen that book is good,goin to give it a go,cheers.how about Doyle brunsons supersystem,I hear its a bit outdated for online but maybe for live its o.k?
    • MIMIso
      MIMIso
      Bronze
      Believe it or not, in my local cash games(which are pretty good, btw) action pre flop is loooooose. You get at least 5 callers with a 6bb raise. If you do, say, 12bb, then you only get 3, lol.

One of the ways to play premium hands is just limp and 3-bet after few people call a raise. If you raise first, and get a 6-way pot, you are most probably screwd.

Of course, after doing it couple of times, you can start squeezing using your image.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Yep, in such loose passive games where you are often multiway absolute hand strength matters more.

Backraising is definitively an option with premium hands if you are confident of the table dynamic.