[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #8 15.11.11

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from Nov 15st, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Tuesday, November 22th at 6 pm GMT.

$10 No Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

UTG $10
      MP $10
      CO $10
      BU $10
      Hero (SB) $10
      BB $10 (VPIP: 28 ; PFR: 22 ; 3bet: 15 ; CB Flop: 88 ; Hands: 777)

SB posts SB $0,05, BB posts BB $0,10

PreFlop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 7, 7
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, BB raises $1,00, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,00) 6, 3, 2
      Hero checks, BB bets $1,20, Hero ???
  • 6 replies
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      With an opponent with such PFR (22%) I aspect to have an o/r range like

66+,A3s+,K7s+,Q8s+,J9s+,T9s,A8o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo

and a 3bet range of

77+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo

in total, we face an aggresive opponent. :)

Our hand against his 3bet range looks like

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    45.85%  45.37%   0.47% { 7h7c }
      MP3    54.15%  53.68%   0.47% { 77+, A7s+, K9s+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QJo }

and with the flop 6 :heart: , 3 :spade: , 2 :diamond:

our hand got an equity of

Board: 2:diamond: 6:heart: 3:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    60.78%  60.51%   0.27% { 7h7c }
      MP3    39.22%  38.95%   0.27% { 77+, A7s+, K9s+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QJo }

that is far up his 3bet range. So, I don't agree with the check on the Flop (any particular reason for that?)

I will definetely bet my self the Flop for start (also villain got he self an high Flop CB of 88% so ...)

as played, c/r the flop and fold if I face resitence.

Obviously, now you will say but if I raise his bet on the flop Im only keep in the hands he beat us instead if I just call I will then keep in even the hands that I beat (like Ax, low pp, etc.) but I don't want, first give he the chances to hit his set (in case of pp) in the following streets, plus I like to slim his range to have a better idea on what he hold.

Of course, I have made mistake in this hand (as Im a fish :f_biggrin: ) but I feel more happy play that way! :)
    • Paszczi01
      Paszczi01
      Bronze
      Hi!
      If his overall 3bet is 15% then probably in this spot his gonna 3bet more then 15% :P
      So I think his range might look like:
      77+,A2s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,A2o+,KTo+,QJo.

I'd probably c/c flop since his range is very wide and he cbets a lot.
      I'd also change tables if there is not a lot fish on it, because I hate to have very agressive player that 3bets a lot directly on my left :f_biggrin:
    • yinyun
      yinyun
      Bronze
      Hi!

I also think our line should be r/f, he probably didn't hit but hi contibets a lot. He can call us with two overcards. So on further streets we focus on pot control.

y
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I personaly would raise to 3bb preflop, because because in Sb we have weaker range, also he 3bets a lot - if his overall 3bet is 15, then it should be in blinds even bigger. So less we raise, less he might reraise, so we have better odds to call.
      Here the call is ok, we have good odds for set and also I think we might be ahead of his range (of course it would be better to put in equilab and see equity)

He cbets flops a lot, so we can expect him cbeting there as well, so check is ok to get value from bluffs.
      Now what we do - if we raise, we have to consider raise/folding, because we might often be behind if he decides to go allin. But probaly we get little value if we raise and just waste money. Overcards might be bad for us on next streets and low cards can be bad as well, because they complete draws. Calling suck, but I guess not much we can do. Also we can expect him to stop bluffing if the draws complete. Also if the overcards appear and he bets really small, we can think about calling and going to showdown.
      Also - might be the case that he bluffs when he does not hit, but checks down with medium made hand. So one more reason to call and catch his bluffs - but still probably when he bets not that much. Because if he bets a lot, then he probaly has hit the overcard.

Edit: read now the other posts, and saw the option to leave the table. I don't think he has an edge just by 3beting. And if he has, why not we ourselves just 3bet like maniac against others and make money? :)
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      PF: we can definitly call against his wide 3B range + can exploit his high cbet value.

Villain has a very wide range here.
      if we call -> He could hit his overcards + we haven't shown strength so he can fire again on turn and we have to fold if an overcard comes.

I would raise to ~$3 since he don't want to give him the chance to hit one of his overcards cheap. If he calls we are most likely behind and try to get cheap showdown.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: As we see the opponent is 3betting a lot. So therefore we expect him 3bet also BvB. Therefore, as we see he already made a mistake with his 3bet size which gives us ~17:1 odds so we can easily even Call for set value. For 3bet pots we can use Call15 rule. Which most likely will be the safest play as well and abuse it while he does such a mistake. We can play the hand very often as overpair and of course as a pair and obviously for set mining.
      Postflop: As we know that he is CBetting with very wide range. So therefore we can as well expect him to CB most of his 3betting range, including all missed hands as well. Therefore we have to think how we can protect our hand. We need to protect from any kind of overcards, which means our plan would be most likely to Check/Raise vs his wide 3betting range here to protect from any kind of overcards and avoid any ugly for us on turn which we most likely wont be able to Call. Therefore, we choose Check/Raise.

Best Regards.