Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.57
      UTG2:
      $3.92

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.08, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) K:spade: , Q:spade: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.11, UTG2 raises to $0.38, Hero calls $0.27.

Turn: ($0.93) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.62, UTG2 raises to $3.46 (All-In), Hero calls $0.49 (All-In), UTG2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($3.15) A:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (Ac Kd)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, queens (Qh Qc)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, queens (Qh Qc)

Ok in this hand , i call with QQ coz it has such great equity , rather than 3 bet corect.? ( like i didnt wanna 3 bet them and they fold )
      When UTG2 raises me after the flop i was gonna just shove , as the board was prety wet , i decided to call , not sure if i played this ok , i felt a wee bit lucky. i think the 5diamond was a good hand to cary on betting tho on river as i think they may have nut flush draw.

Edit . Now im thinking i should have 3 bet like i normally would of , im just trying different things with 3beting light with weaker hands and i thought here i could try a call for value ,btu im geting confused again , i really need to know more about 3 bet calling ranges.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

Ask yourself these questions:
      What are you going to do with QQ when you call pre and see:
      1. Axx board?
      2. Kxx board?
      3. 8:h9:s6 board?
      4. J:dT:d4 board?

Generally without having a plan on the F+T+River, calling preflop is very bad and not recommended.

I would certainly 3bet here preflop for value because people will call with a looser range. If they fold, they had a junk hand anyway

- Gerv