[NL2-NL10] Problems with maniacs

• HansTheGreat
      Hey guys,

Well this hand in the end went pretty much better than I thought on the flop. But still it is a huge loss. Well this guys was a true maniac. Stats(72/38/7.0/raise cbet 40%/53 hands). Even this are not many hands I knew how I was playing with. I flop TPGk on a solid board. I cbet and he min raises me like almost every 2nd cbet. At the first moment I thought all in then reraise and all in on the turn on a lot of cards. In the end I decided to call because I thought i m too bigstacked to put my 150BB and OOp on risk so it was just call or all in. I think he would there min raised me with very wide range(Jx,Qx,K10,109,even with gutshots). In the end taking the passive line has cost me less money. But still the question remains "was this the best played?" I mean I saved half of my stack. Would you guys call his river bet? If I went all in I m quite sure that I would in the end get a call and loose the holestack. I mean having 150BB is still a very big difference at least for me.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
      4 folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, BB folds, BU calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.26) J, Q, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, BU raises to $0.36, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.98) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($1.78) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $3.78.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(K Q).
      BU shows two pairs, queens and threes(3 Q).

BU wins with two pairs, queens and threes(3 Q).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Against that kind of min-raise I wouldn't lay it down either. But the real question if we should Call the river while even a draw completes. While his bet sizing is also a bit bigger and I doubt that he is going to bet with a lot worse Qx 3 streets like that. So I might even Check/Fold the river.

But now again as you said he is a maniac he might even bluff there and if you expect that then Calling is an option.

Best Regards.