This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] maniac tendency

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      only 67 hands but looked loose and aggressive/ 37/26/13 3bet/ 70 cbet

He was 3 betting me and both players to my left so I decided to try with 4bet. His 3bet is small but I don't want to raise it too much since my hand is really not so good.

On flop I don't see any value in betting. Sure there is also FD out there but if he c/shoves we must fold it. I decided to see the turn and then decide.

I bet smallish on the turn because I see KQ, Kx :club: or even some KJ, JT calling me.

On river I don't think we should bet since we can't value anything. His check looks weak but any A beats us and now flush got there and KT, QJ, T9 got there.
      My question is can we call 1/3 pot donk on this river? Or is this an auto fold?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.65)
      BB ($20.75)
      UTG ($10.14)
      UTG+1 ($9.75)
      Hero ($10.58)
      BTN ($12.78)

Dealt to Hero 5:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.60, BB calls $1.60

FLOP ($5.25) 3:club: A:heart: J:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($5.25) 3:club: A:heart: J:club: Q:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.20, BB calls $2.20

RIVER ($9.65) 3:club: A:heart: J:club: Q:spade: 8:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows 7:club: 7:diamond:
      (Pre 66%, Flop 13.2%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero shows 5:spade: A:spade:
      (Pre 34%, Flop 86.8%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero wins $9.01
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Well, I doubt that your play is totally off here. If you even expect the guy really to 3bet light then 4betting is an option while you even have a blocker.

As played seems to be fine as well, although I'd bet the turn bigger ~$3 at least. :)

Best Regards.