[NL2-NL10] A high IP

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      unknown 79 hands/ 30/18/ 17 3bet/

His minr on the flop is weird but he gives us great odds to continue. Before calling him I decided to call even blank turn - is that too optimistic? Looking at it know it's hard to expect that we see 2 checks and take the hand down. Since he has aggressive tendencies he might go broke with AT or even KT here so we loose some of our outs.

After calling on turn I was sorry on the river and I gave up the hand because pot is so big that even if we try something he calls us or shoves over us. What's the best line here?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($15.97)
      BB ($10.81)
      UTG ($4.62)
      CO ($13.18)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) T:heart: 2:heart: 4:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

TURN ($2.70) T:heart: 2:heart: 4:heart: 8:spade:

SB bets $2.02, Hero calls $2.02

RIVER ($6.74) T:heart: 2:heart: 4:heart: 8:spade: 6:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows K:spade: J:heart:
      (Pre 25%, Flop 10.6%, Turn 6.8%)

Hero shows A:spade: K:heart:
      (Pre 75%, Flop 89.4%, Turn 93.2%)

Hero wins $6.30
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Nah, I don't like it. I mean you just said he is aggressive but no specific reads or anything from him. I'd most likely just give it up on the turn. You will just never know where you stand with your hand. If you hit a you will never know, if you hit your Ace or King you will never know. Practically you will have hard time Calling the river.

Or what was your plan? Call any river as well? What kind of range did you put him on which plays this way?

Also why should he go broke with just AT/KT when 4th comes? Really doubt that he is so loose. :)

Best Regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Nah, I don't like it. I mean you just said he is aggressive but no specific reads or anything from him. I'd most likely just give it up on the turn. You will just never know where you stand with your hand. If you hit a you will never know, if you hit your Ace or King you will never know. Practically you will have hard time Calling the river.

Or what was your plan? Call any river as well? What kind of range did you put him on which plays this way?

Also why should he go broke with just AT/KT when 4th comes? Really doubt that he is so loose. :)

Best Regards.
      I agree with the bold part. I wasn't thinking what to do if he fires on turn AND river. Even if I see some A/K it would be tough. If another :heart: comes that's a different story. My range for him was T with J :heart: or Q :heart:
      When he bets like this on the turn it looks like T to me, not so made flush. Also 2 pair combos are possible. But as you said if he fired on the river even if I hit my A/K that would need to be a hero call.

tnx :)