[NL2-NL10] TP against annoying

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      This player was really going on my nerves, couldn't get a hand against him
      255 hands/ 33/27/ 88 cbet/ 13 fold to 3bet/ 33 folds to cbet

Since he never folds 3 bet I was thinking of raising more but since he also almost never folds cbet I decided to go for normal 3bet.

Flop is dry so I go for quite big cbet. Since the board is very dry I was already thinking of c/shoving good turn card.

Turn is semi good but when he bets so big I give him weak T. That was a mistake because at that time I was waiting and waiting him so I didn't give him the range. I still think I should go broke against him, since he may have some 89, TJ, QT, J9, A8,... But of course also some 97, AT, 2 pair combo.

I didn't bet because I saw he folds many times so I gave him a chance to bluff me.

Should I go broke with TPTK (GK) against this opponent? With same c/r turn play :f_biggrin: ?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($11.63)
      BB ($7.71)
      UTG ($5.17)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($8.15)
      BTN ($18.92)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.30, fold, BTN calls $0.95

FLOP ($2.70) 8:diamond: 5:club: T:heart:

Hero bets $2.20, BTN calls $2.20

TURN ($7.10) 8:diamond: 5:club: T:heart: 6:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $3.55, Hero raises to $8.13 (AI), BTN calls $4.58

RIVER ($23.36) 8:diamond: 5:club: T:heart: 6:diamond: 7:diamond:

Hero shows K:diamond: T:spade:
      (Pre 61%, Flop 78.4%, Turn 18.2%)

BTN shows 6:spade: 8:spade:
      (Pre 39%, Flop 21.6%, Turn 81.8%)

BTN wins $21.81
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Preflop: If he never folds to 3bet then why should you 3bet in first place? He doesn't fold to CBets? So how you gonna make him to fold. :( Rather then just Call if he is really stealing with very wide range and play it postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Not much you can do as you pretty much hit your nuts with the hand. While he is even aggressive? and can take stabs on the turn then Check/Shove is fine.

Best Regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Preflop: If he never folds to 3bet then why should you 3bet in first place? He doesn't fold to CBets? So how you gonna make him to fold. :( Rather then just Call if he is really stealing with very wide range and play it postflop.
      I don't like just cold calling with this hand preflop. Since he cbets almost always and with KT we won't hit often. Also c/r as a bluff is out of the question against this opp.

That's why I was thinking of 3 betting because I'm not even forced to cbet against him if I miss because he might even check behind some flops. Sure I get myself in ugly situation but playing without initiative against him is even worse I think.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello yaxkukmian,

I don't like just cold calling with this hand preflop. Since he cbets almost always and with KT we won't hit often. Also c/r as a bluff is out of the question against this opp.

That's why I was thinking of 3 betting because I'm not even forced to cbet against him if I miss because he might even check behind some flops. Sure I get myself in ugly situation but playing without initiative against him is even worse I think.
      You said he is not folding to 3bets, he is not folding to CBets. So how you gonna play the hand profitable? Nor you will ever know where you T or K stands while it could be easily dominated with better kicker. At the same time that kind of guy could as well trap with overpairs vs you.

Also as you said he is aggressive, then why do you think he is even Checking behind? Most likely he would Check behind those hands which are ahead of your hand.