Stack
      Hero:
      $29,25
      MP3:
      $43,3
      BU:
      $23,55

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , T:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,90, CO folds, BU calls $0,90, SB folds, Hero raises to $4,25, MP3 calls $3,35, BU calls $3,35.

Flop: ($12,90) A:diamond: , T:diamond: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $6, MP3 calls $6,00, BU folds.

Wanted to look weak.

Turn: ($24,90) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero raises $19 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $24,90
  • 9 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I think youre squeeze size is a bit on the bigger side and cbet to small for this somewhat drawy board and it is 3ways. Other than that, theres not much to say, your play is perfectly fine.

I'd like to ask what do u do if mp3 4bets?
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      MP3 likes to 3B alot (10%) and his Openraise range is ~20-25%, also his Fto3B is very high (86% overall)
      Have only seen him 4B once so i would throw away my TT.
      My Squeeze was so large because it was for value and i'm out of position 3,5x mp3 raise + 1 for limper.

If MP3 doesn't throw away his hand his range contains very few flushdraws and he could be scared of the A. If i had AK,KK i would bet ~8, betting less on flop just looks weak and he can even call with QQ,JJ, maybe raise with AK.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      MP3 likes to 3B alot (10%) and his Openraise range is ~20-25%, also his Fto3B is very high (86% overall). Have only seen him 4B once so i would throw away my TT.

My Squeeze was so large because it was for value and i'm out of position 3,5x mp3 raise + 1 for limper.

This doesn't seem logical to me. If he's folding to 86% of 3 bets, and you're planning to fold to a 4-bet that doesn't leave many hands in his range that he calls with and you get value from.

Squeeze seems a bit big if you are going to give it up when 4-bet. I suspect he flatted something like JJ or QQ and then had to give up on the turn.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Thats right, but my TT is ahead by far against his range -> thats the valuepart.
      I can't just call OOP against his wide range.

If he calls his range should like this
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 59.74% 57.89% 1.85% QQ-TT, AKs, AKo
      MP3 40.26% 38.41% 1.85% TsTc

and i'm in bad shape but this only happens in 1 of ~4-5 cases and the loose BU can still call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

You´re not going to fold turn, so I think shoving to protect against Ax with flushdraw is fine at your case. Never bad to take down 100bb pot without seeing river card.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Thats right, but my TT is ahead by far against his range -> thats the valuepart.

If he calls his range should like this
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 59.74% 57.89% 1.85% QQ-TT, AKs, AKo
      MP3 40.26% 38.41% 1.85% TsTc

I'm not saying that 3-betting TT in this spot is wrong but the logic seems flawed. You are only value betting if you think that you will get called by worse (although, of course, the BTN can call with worse).
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      I'm not saying that 3-betting TT in this spot is wrong but the logic seems flawed. You are only value betting if you think that you will get called by worse (although, of course, the BTN can call with worse).
      Ok i see what you mean.
      As you stated its still a valuebet against BTN.
    • JoaoMartins
      JoaoMartins
      Bronze
      I think the pre-flop squeeze is valid, in order to isolate yourself with the fish, since the reg fold so much to 3-bets, however I still think that the 3-bet size was way too big. I think that 3,75ish would be better.

However, I think the post flop reasoning is a bit flawed. I completely agree that the flop c-bet should be small, but not just to look weak. You will never look weak on this board after 3-beting. I think you should have a small c-bet in 3-bet pot size to be able to balance your bluffs and value combos without it getting too expensive for you. I think you can do this with no problems because the SPR is a lot lower in 3-bet pots, and you will be able to get stacks in on the river without any problems even when you c-bet small. I would c-bet even smaller as played, because the turn SPR will be very awkward unless you c-bet even smaller. Also, you can afford to let him chase his FDs cheaply because not only do you have a lot of outs even if it does hit, but also, his FD combos will not be very high, and he might be able to play his FD aggressively if you bet so small, which would allow us to get stacks in on the flop.

However, I find the turn sizing really troubling for the regular. You will force him to throw away a lot of combos that he could call you with, like AxQd, QxQd, JxJd. You will never fold anyway so you might as well give him room for him to make mistakes.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Leaving less than potsize left on the turn I think better is to shove to protect against Ax with flushdraw hands that might be easily checking back turn and if he floated smt like KdQx I don´t think he would fold that to your turn shove (or if he does, then it is also fine, since he has a lot of equity even against set)