what if a member does not have photo id??

• generaphobic
      generaphobic
      Bronze
      a friend i have reffered to this site has been asked to provide id for a security check, but he does not have photo id.
      what can a member do for id check if he does not have a photo id??
      do you really need a photo?? (you will never see him surely!! lol)

:heart: looking forward to your reply!! G

P.s. i had no troubles with my account, all went smoothly,after patience! lol
  • 13 replies
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hello generaphobic,

I can't imagine that there's a guy having no ID document at all. :(

Any government-issued ID should be fine as long as it has your full name and date of birth on it, such as national ID card, passport, driver's license...

Please note that we will not be able to credit your account with the bonuses until you've sent us your ID. It's necessary to prevent abuse.

Best regards,
      thunderbird56
    • generaphobic
      generaphobic
      Bronze
      thunderbird, there are many guys without id as you put it!!

in the uk we do not require national id cards YET..and beleive it or not some people have never left the country in which they live, so have never required a passport...also these same people dont have a driving licence.. so what would said people have to do?? or are they just forgotten people?

i understand you need this process, but what about the people "that do exsist" without photo id.. :rolleyes:

funny thing is, i have photo id and was not asked myself!!! LOL but my friend is stuck...
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      In this case, there's nothing we can do. We cannot skip the ID-checks just because you say they have no ID. It's part of our rules.

Best regards,
      thunderbird56
    • generaphobic
      generaphobic
      Bronze
      they have no "photo" id.. but they do have various other type's of id!!

you really should state this strict "photo id" policy on your homepage before people waste time reading your strategy guides and completing the nonsensical quiz..if it applies to 1 it should apply to all, otherwise its unfair.

like i said before, i understand your security measure's..and im not asking you to "skip the id check just beacause i say so"..lol.. im telling you how it is for many people with no id. why not let them know that without this id there is no point registering with this site in the first place..
      ie: the registration page..would it not make your life easier to be clear from the start..

and i reffered a friend here????LOL :D (sorry friend)
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Not every user gets an ID-check. We just send a request when it's needed. We cannot tell you more about our security measures. And as i mentioned above:

Originally posted by thunderbird56
      Any government-issued ID should be fine as long as it has your full name and date of birth on it, such as national ID card, passport, driver's license...
      Therefore, just tell your friends to send us their "other type's of id". In case we cannot accept them and need additional info., we'll let them know.

Best regards,
      thunderbird56
    • tomsten
      tomsten
      Bronze
      What country you live in? I would understand that in Africa there will be problems with photo ID but in England? LOL. How could you not have a photo ID document. Your friend definitely have a photo id, because its needed for so many places, almost every day. ID without photo is nonsense because you cant prove its yours.
    • Lemonize
      Lemonize
      Bronze
      Lol.. how can a person that is over 18 which he needs to be to sign up here, not have any type of photo ID? Its necessary for practically everything from signing up for University, for work, geez pretty much everything in life.

If people signing up here fail because of not actually having photo ID its their own fault. Welcome to life.
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      In the UK photo ID is not required for anything important that I can think of. I accept that this is changing, but If you don't drive or have a passport then although that may be a little unusual it isn't really exceptional.
      At least, I am nearly 40 and I live in the UK and have had many jobs and signed up to many things, the only photo ID I have is a passport, I haven't had that for very long, and I only use it for leaving the country.
      If photo ID was so important here I would have noticed.
      Not saying anything about pokerstrategy rules here, just clarifying the debate about whether photo ID is essential in the UK.
    • AAholecard
      AAholecard
      Bronze
      how is this I.D ment to be sent???? i'm asumming they will need a scanner aswell? lol i have no photo I.D, and i live england...and if i did, i would have noway of sending it to you unless YOU paid for postage?
    • prinstripe
      prinstripe
      Bronze
      Here too, mostly people at the age of 18-21 don't have passport or driver's ID fortunately the government is giving free government voter's ID and its helpful because its acceptable in poker sites. I don't have passport (just want to have soon) and driver's license (maybe if I can buy my own bicycle, lol).
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      When I read this thread I was not sure what to reply.

I'm surprised people don't have photo ID, especially in the UK. (It does explain why somebody could use my VISA in London a few years back though!) When you go out clubbing for instance, they just let you in when you say you are old enough? This is 2008, not 1986. If you don't have a photo ID its probably because you are to young, and then you should not be playing online poker if you ask me.

And to contribute on how to send your ID: use a digital camera and send it via email. Thats what I did.
      (And I know you have those in the UK cause I've seen them on display!) :D
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      no eggs in this posting :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I'm not suprised that your referals don't have photo ID as they all seem to pretty uncreative multi-accounts of yours - and as we all know - imaginary people usually dont have photo IDs.

Not really the smartest thing to then run onto the forums and complain about it, considering you were lucky enough to one of them through without an ID check already. In the future just resort to refering real people and the thing with ID checks should pose less of a problem.

Best regards,
      SoyCD