NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($49.20)
      BB ($26.83)
      UTG ($19.23)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      CO ($26.20)
      Hero ($28.09)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:club:

UTG calls $0.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.75

FLOP ($2.35) Q:club: T:diamond: 8:club:

UTG bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

TURN ($2.85) Q:club: T:diamond: 8:club: Q:spade:

UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

RIVER ($3.85) Q:club: T:diamond: 8:club: Q:spade: J:spade:

UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Hi!

Villain is 70/5 0.5 AF 45 wtsd, a huge calling station.

Should I raise his donk, or calling is fine? If yes, check turn unless I hit? Probably he is not folding anything on flop.

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raise flop, since you have too much equity against anything, and he can easily b/f flop smt like 44 or if he b/c then c/f turn.
      So my line would be raise flop and bet turn.
    • JoaoMartins
      JoaoMartins
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

Raise flop, since you have too much equity against anything, and he can easily b/f flop smt like 44 or if he b/c then c/f turn.
      So my line would be raise flop and bet turn.
      I disagree with you. If he is a calling station, then wouldn't it be better do c/r flop, and cbh turn to realize our full equity? I think it will be very hard for the villain to b/c flop and then c/f the turn. So, imo, we would have to barrel the river as well, for him to fold his draws/low pairs, and putting ourselves in a situation to have to 3-barrel as bluff vs a calling station is never good.

Is my reasoning flawed?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You explanation is fine, if you think he would never fold turn better hands you should check back, but I think most of the times if I have there for example AQ players would min-bet/fold flop or to strong turn bet worse hands than Qx that spot, so you should always have there fold equity. And on the river you don´t really have to bluff against calling stations. If you put him on draw I think small bet would also do the job (although you´re ahead most draws)